Boosted board battery swap

i have a boosted v2 laying arround. after good 250km the battery stopped charging. the charger is good, but it´s just not gonna charge. i conntacted the support and they said they don´t take over guarentee as i live in russia. I can get the battery to germany for example and from there they would swap the batteries to a new one. my problem just to get the damn battery out of the country… it´s expensive and i need a lot of documents. so, I think it´s anyhów just the bms that give up, but what if I would make my own battery with a enclosure from @Eboosted for example. and just swap the broken battery to my DIY battery. would it work? the controller in the back part of the deck, so theoretically it should work.

I bet their BMS does some sort of special handshake with the motorcontroller requiring you to use that same BMS they use.

I don’t know this, but would not be surprised.

2 Likes

that´s why i asked. I could imagine something like this too.

1 Like

Yeah, @Sender is right I’m pretty sure. The esc won’t work unless it gets good reading from the bms or some crap like that. I would search around for used packs or parts on the forum, you might be able to get a spare battery from someone here

2 Likes

honestly i don´t plan to drive it a lot as i´m switched to my trampas now. so I´m not sure what to make. It just a kind a sad as i could use it only for 3 month and i still would have guarentee on it. I could try to bring the battery to my parents next time i fly home, but i´m not sure if it really works well on the airport. especially as i usually only have 40min to get my connection flight in germany.

Maybe ask boosted if they would be willing to let you open up the pack and check it out over FaceTime/Skype. Then if it is the bms they can just send it to you and you install it

1 Like

the support totally suck… they answer to each e-mail after 5-7days only. took me 3 weeks just to get the answer that they don´t ship to russia… what i can understand, but why official reseller than can ship to russia… that´s i don´t understand. the reseller not responsible for the warrenty and boosted don´t shipp in my country :joy::+1: even if i would open it up with there permission they wouldn´t sent me a replacement, as they don´t shipp to russia at all…

1 Like

Have you thought of using a forwarder service? For example let them ship to somewhere in the USA or eu and then the forwarder ships it to you. They’re generally pretty cheap.

1 Like

I just need to get it in the Eu and back. From there boosted will pay shipping and replacement. I asked here one carrier and it’s about 50€ one way and only if I can provide special documents. Will ask some other carriers here. Maybe there is a cheaper easy way

I shipped 60 VTC6 cells from Krasnodar to Belgium with EMS if that helps. 0 issues. No questions asked.

2 Likes

Yeah, fedex is pretty lax with batteries too. Ru.nkon shipped 50 cells to me in Asia via fedex

1 Like

:ok_hand: that’s the next carrier i wanted to ask. Thx so far! May I ask what you paid for it?

Got my cells also from nkon that’s why I thought it’s not a big deal as long as it’s only shipped by ground service. We will see what prices ems will offer

This is where I placed the request for the courier to come. They call you same day to ask for more details and then, when he is at your house, he gives you the final price. I would say it will be around €30.

I think I paid something like €25

1 Like

Why don’t you just swap out esc with Vesc it FOCbox?

Because all my vescs and focboxes already reserved for other boards. And I still have warranty on the board. And I don’t want to spend more money than needed for the repair of the boosted board :sweat_smile: Maybe I even gonna sell it after it is working again.

1 Like

I’d sell it what’s the point of warranty if you can’t really use it since they don’t ship to you.

1 Like

But who want a not working board?

The thing which makes me angry is, that I didn’t bought it just from somewhere. It was an official reseller. And this reseller officially ship to Russia. So with it i should also get my warranty in russia. But no.

You could just buy a new battery. There are used batteries on sale for $100 in the US. This method will help you keep your nerves!

1 Like

Yeah I’d replace the battery even if you have to buy it and sell as a working board.

1 Like