Boosted Board Remote Frequencies

As everyone knows Boosted is more or less out of business. My son lost his controller for his boosted and I am trying to find a way to build my own. I know it connects with Bluetooth but I don’t know what it’s sending. Does anyone have any idea how the remote controls the board? If I can get a clear idea of how it works, I’m sure I could get something to work. I would think there would be a lot of Boosted board owners that would want to know.

1 Like

Your probably right. However the software they use is like blocked by NASA. You have a better chance at gutting the ESC case and putting in a unity or something similar. Then it’s a better board anyway. It would actually have a brake system. It would be faster. It wouldn’t be a boosted. That’s a good thing.

1 Like

Thanks Crisfell, Yeah, in the end I know it’s just a matter of time before this once solid board (My son has had his for 3+ years and has probably put 1000 plus miles on it without any major issues other than tires and belts) will be worthless. That really sucks that they have not opened up the electronics or control software. It doesn’t surprise me that they locked down everything, I can understand why but it just adds to my frustration now. Who knows, maybe some disgruntled employee will see this and post everything you need to build a controller. In the mean time, I may see if I can get one off ebay for less then $200… Maybe for his birthday…

1 Like

I agree that replacing the ESC with a VESC is the best solution.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m not sure which way to go here. Could any of you give me some advice on what system / package might be a good choice for a replacement

1 Like

Unity is always a good choice. Depends on what your budget is. There’s good and bad in every esc. As far as a package goes there’s not really a “package” necessarily. Any vesc based esc will work with basically any conventional remote with a receiver. Vx1 is a solid choice always for remote. Some people will say flipsky is crap, I personally have had 0 problems with them. Only one that’s blown up because we went swimming.

2 Likes

You can always just buy a new remote from BoostedUSA, should save you some headache if you’re not engineering savvy or don’t want to put in a whole new ESC

I wish, Their not selling spare parts anymore :frowning:

for a 500 dollar bill you could purchase this boosted mini with extended range battery and remote. :grin:

1 Like