This is my second build and hopefully it’s going to be everything I wanted my first build to be! I’ve got a couple of weeks of work soon so hopefully all parts will have arrived and I’ll be busy putting it all together.
The goals for this board is:
- Good range.
- Reasonbly easy to lug around university.
- Looking goooood!
I’ve read every thread here featuring “Boosted Clones” at least twice, so I think I’ve got a good grasp on what it takes to build a good one. But I’d love to get some input as well!
A lot of the parts are still en route, including the VESCs, hubmotores, trucks and wheels from diyelectricskateboards. The package have been stuck in Denmark for 10 days now, hoping DIYs support will help me get it moving soon.
- Loaded Vanguard flex 3.
- DIY electrics dual hubmotor 75KV.
- 2x DIY electrics VESCs. - With upgraded capacitors due to the extra length for wires. Design inspired by @jackw’s build.
- Enclosures bought from @Eboosted - The quality is amazing!
- Nunchuck 2.4ghz and reciever bought from @rpn314 - Super stealthy!
- Risers designed by @jackw - They’re gorgeous!
- Anti spark switch from ProtoBoards - Can’t get it to work, not sure if broken. Does anyone know where the transistor goes?
- 5.5mm plugs, 12AWG cable, copper braided strands.
- 40x Samsung 25R that will be spotwelded to 10S4P.
- A cheap chinese 10S BMS that will be bypassed for charging.
To be considered:
- FOC or not? Very tempted to try it out and stick with it.
- CAN bus or Y-config
- %-monitor for battery or not?
- Sanding the fish art on the board or leave it be? Leaning towards sanding.
I added some lining to keep the dust out. It gives a very good seal, might even be splash proof!
Bonus pic of (incomplete)battlestation!
More to come in the following weeks!