Boosted Dual+ VS Stary VS Bamboo GT Hill Comparison

I believe his concern was that people think the BB can’t do 25% grade hills. He wants to debunk that notion that cam about through that video and the previous

I wouldn’t want to barge into their sandbox. But it would be kind of fun. lol

A customer emailed me last night about climbing the steepest hill he had doing 27mph. I wish i knew exactly what the grade was. It was that james kelly build i did using the otang kegals and the evolve kegal insert pulley, an 80mm wheel on a 15/32 ratio on 190kv at 12S. That combo is actually a very very nice balance of torque and top end.

4 Likes

Has anyone made a video of the the Enertion motors against the Evolve GT in a hill climb? I’m surprised there isn’t a comparison video made already since they are both in Australia.

1 Like

Would be really fun to watch… it would end up like this:

2 Likes

I’d really like to see that. A pike’s peak style run between an evolve GT and a Raptor. Evolve would be very disappointed. I may even spend the thousands of dollars on tickets to fly to austrailia to see that disappointment first hand.

1 Like

I’m up for it. I have a CGT and a BGT. I’m waiting for a Raptor competitor in Melbourne. @Dedbny are you up for it yet?!

Hi Mike. Still out of action, but mobile. If we can find another rider Im more than happy to let my Raptor be used for the test. I can meet up somewhere. I know that @onloop was going to try a test with a GT owner, but I think the family and Enertion commitments have been a distraction as I havent heard any more whats so ever.

I actually think the GT in GT mode would give the Raptor a good run for its money. The GT looks like it has a lower center of gravity, so will start off better from start (Raptors better off on a push than stand still), but then the Raptors torque will chase it down up the hill. Also I must say it really should just be a timed run by the same rider to be a fair comparison. I will always have the slight advantage over you as theres not that much of me.

Be a metre or so in it. If that. Oh and by the way I see yourve out done yourself with the BGT as well. Your fully loaded. [quote=“Mickyboy, post:26, topic:8756, full:true”] I’m up for it. I have a CGT and a BGT. I’m waiting for a Raptor competitor in Melbourne. @Dedbny are you up for it yet?! [/quote]

1 Like

I’m happy to do some timed back to back runs on both if you’re willing to lend me the Raptor for a day - for the benefit of the community of course! :wink:

why has this not been proven on video?

Nice to see comparisons, but these boards all have their strong points. Evolve has the AT option, Boosted has the flex and Stary is light weight. If you want it all… go DIY!

Not everyone like Mickboy can afford to have 2 boards or access to these things do you.

1 Like

just found this, The stary board struggled alot, but it’s still quite impressive! I want to see what dual stary hubs would be able to achieve

4 Likes