Brakes failing don’t know why please help

Yeah thought so it’s just that I am used to having a longer range on the throttle because I used to use a 4 speed remote for the cheap Chinese esc Either way I am getting a focbox now in the Easter sale 2 for 400$

1 Like

You’re gonna have to be more specific than that if you want to know the true amperage it can supply and know it’s limits. 10s2p?samsung 30q’s or something else? What does the label on the side say? If it’s working now (minus brakes lol) you can’t be too far off. Just better to know than to guess and potentially slowly degrade the pack, or maybe get more power out of it than you realize.

1 Like

It’s 10s2p Samsung 30q battery around 6 months old used for around 200 miles I think I can get 20 amps per motor

So I should change max current to the original and put the throttle curve back to linear

Yah that pack can do 40amps and burst a bit more. Might want to go down to 20 batt amps per motor but 30 should be ok as you have it set, it just won’t be able to use all 30 per each motor (sound about right everyone?)

20 amps for battery max, and 10 amps for battery regen per Vesc. Motor current max and min can stay as is, it’s safe for them to be higher because the vesc converts high voltage from the battery to low voltage for the motors.

(However, 40A per motor is quite a lot :smiley: I personally run mine at 30A, but then again you have higher KV motors, so if 40 feels good then power to ya :slight_smile: )

1 Like

You should not use 260Kv motors on 10S voltage with 4.12 VESC.

Use 200Kv or lower motors.

3 Likes

It can do 30A per motor, but not at max speed which would make motor voltage = battery voltage. That’s why there are motor settings separately from battery settings to begin with :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why is that

Oh shoot, you’re right! 260 * 42 * 14/2 = 76440 eRPM which is too much :open_mouth:

VESC 4.12 has an eRPM limit of 60k, above which strange things can happen and you shouldn’t be trusting your safety with it. eRPM is calculated by multiply motor Kv by voltage and then by motor poles divided by 2, which is usually 14/2 = 7. I just assumed you’d be fine with 10S, but after doing the math I see that you are over the limit. As b264 said, you should get lower Kv motors I’m afraid.

Edit: Then again you have your ERMP limited in settings, so maybe this isn’t the cause of the problem. :thinking:

2 Likes

He is ordering a unity, aren’t those ok with something like 100k+ erpm? He can limit the erpm to 60k until he swaps the vesc out.

1 Like

Yes just ordered a shared one in the sale their 200$ each

I am glad you safely bailed before a collision. I use longboard bumpers to protect the tips of my board from impact. they would easily cover up the chipped part of yours. here are 2 links for the same generic product. 1 from usa and 1 from china

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skateboard-Deck-Protector-Bumpers-Bump-Longboard-Dance-Board-Crash-Rubber-Strip/253944671201?hash=item3b20482be1:m:m-wYxDqEyXDZi0UVdlvEvEw&frcectupt=true

https://www.amazon.com/Skateboard-Guards-Longboard-Protection-Beginners/dp/B077CQBC33/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=longboard+bumper&qid=1555541952&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

they are friction fit, and stay put extremely well

1 Like

thanks i am in the uk so not so practical for me

like @rusins said, bring your absolute max up to 130. you’ll find that fixes a few issues

Tried it didn’t work

You should also leave max voltage back at default (57), don’t change settings if you’re not sure what they’re for.

1 Like

K will that help

done all this they still dont work is the problem with the motors battery or vesc