Braking /// vesc problems

God, I think I broke my motor. On this video i am trying to move it using arrows on my keyboard but it does that sound. How bad does it sound?

That’s normal for me… :joy: don’t use the keyboard… try with remote after switch off and on everything. Mine makes the same sound with the keyboard.

Did you do a motor detection?

I did motor detection and all sort of stuff, vesc doesn’t react to remote even after turning off and on. Beforehand it worked, with remote and arrow keys. Light on vesc is solid, now i think that vesc is broken, because i think motor is quite hard to break

Did you have then belt on when you did the detection. Take the belt off and try spinning it with the arrow keys.

I’ll try that tomowrrow (today i don’t have acces to screwdriver

You are making a diy board without basic tools

I left it at my gradndma’s house, because i thought i won’t need it

I haven’t got a computer for a while, but now i have took off the bel, did motor detection and tried to move an it still does this weird sound. What now? I also would like to notice, that it doesn’t spin neither with remote nor arrowy keys, but it spins while doing motor detection

It is supposed to spin and make noise during motor detection set up the ppm settings with the max and minimum pulse width on your remote. Did you watch the video I posted?

Yes i did, but i haven’t got a pc at the time. I watched it again and it’s working! :slight_smile: Thanks for your help very much!

No problem glad you got it working

1 Like