Broke my wrist... Who can recommend great wrist guards

So this happened yesterday:

In a classic case of shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted, can anyone recommend top notch wrist guards that can be used comfortably with a remote?

Oh yeah and wear protection folks! Had pads and a full face helmet on, so apart from the wrist and some bruised ribs I got was ok…

I’m getting a OneWheel soon. By looking at the OW galore… and even after 25 years of skateboarding being me with a quite good ability on falling/recovering from fall, I ordered a TSG wrist guard. They are top quality.

https://www.ridetsg.com/index.php?sfpc=TSG_OVERVIEW&c=&gridpage=0&matchpage=0&detailtab=0&filterpanel=block&search=wristguards&model=&p=&s=&np=&gender1=0&gender2=0&gender3=0&fp0=&fp1=&fp2=&fp3=&fp4=&fp5=&sw1=1&sw2=0&sw3=0&sw4=0&cat1=0&cat2=1&cat3=0&cat4=0&design=1&c1=0&c2=0&c3=0&c4=0&c5=0&c6=0&c7=0&c8=0&c9=0&c10=0&c11=0&c12=0&c13=0&c14=0&c15=0&c16=0&c17=0&c18=0&c19=0&c20=0&c21=&s0=&s1=0&s2=0&s3=0&s4=0&s5=0&p1=0&p2=0&p3=0

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about that. Hope it heals well and fast. I just use a triple 8 wrist guard, then slip a husky work glove from Home Depot over it. No issues using the nano-x or mastercho gt2b mod. Helmet and wrist guards always even if I’m just going to the mailbox. Anything longer and the elbow and knee guards go on.

All the best.

1 Like

Thanks @i2oadsweepei2

Lessons learnt the hard way and all that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sad to hear that, man. Get well soon.

Time after time I think about possible scenarios that can happen on our esk8…it’s the risk that I’m still willing to take. But wherever I see posts like this I start to rethink it all over again.

1 Like

Thanks @Crossfire

Yeah I know what you mean, but a life without risk and adventure is no life at all.

I am itching to get back on my board, despite the insane levels of pain I went through yesterday.

Just ride defensively, and the big lesson I took away was look out for complacency… Oh and wrist guards, always wear wrist guards.

2 Likes

Took a nasty fall this morning with no protection because i was going to the bkery 400 meters from home. I hit on the head… Glad I wasn’t going fast i could’ve been way worse

2 Likes

good to hear you are ok

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046EZ5A6/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505362404&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=hillbilly+wrist+guard+gloves&dpPl=1&dpID=41ZUAU62JPL&ref=plSrch

This is what I use when it’s not cold. I use the one with full fingers when it’s colder.

3 Likes

thanks for the recommendation @DilatedPupils

Hillbilly is a great suggestion! They’ve been at it for a long time. I actually hung out with them a few times years ago.

1 Like

what happened?

oh nice, we got 2 personal recommendations and a I know the guy :slight_smile:

@thisguyhere I criticized one of LHB’s battery wiring diagrams

2 Likes

oh then u had it coming, no ragrets

6 Likes

no ragrets at all :joy:

short story is I got a little complacent and I didn’t wear wrist guards.

without details this is what I will imagine happening

2 Likes

I wish…

those guys look cool even when crashing, I’m pretty sure I didn’t

although I did have two policemen (police persons? one was a woman) come and chat to me just beforehand as they couldn’t work out why I had a full face helmet on a skateboard. Once they saw the motor and asked the inevitable question they understood and just wanted to chat about electric skateboards and how cool they were.

Haha! I hope you feel better soon Brotha!