Build #1 - Hummie deck, 10s4p, dual 6355's, Boa's, Dual Vesc, Caliber2's

Yup all good don’t worry :+1:

18650s are bombs

3 Likes

Don’t panic, all is well. They are all 25r :grin: I’m a long time vaper so I’m aware of the issues with 18650’s.

Ordered a set of Boa’s for wheels, reasonable price and sickboards had them so I wont have to wait.

Just need to decide on pulleys now, will be 40t with 190ish kv motors but do i go with press fit ones or bolt on? I’ve got stock caliber 2 trucks so I’m guessing bolt on as I dont like the idea of turning the nuts around that the press fits seem to need.

Bolt on would likely be these

Any advice on belt width? I’ll be using idlers on the belt with dickyho mounts.

You could push the boat out… https://shop.3dservisas.eu/products/fatboy-wheel-pulley-set-for-kegel-44t-40t-36t

I’m tempted but I think I’ll have to remove some material from the trucks to get them on. They do look rather nice though :slight_smile:

Any thoughts on the SK8 motors?

IMG_20180925_165522 IMG-20180925-WA0006

No bearings yet, should be here tomorrow

IMG_20180929_210137

4 Likes

They are very long, I cant remember the dimensions but dual 6374 struggles with TB218mm

you have normal 10 inch caliber, those motors will not fit, i had to push out with spacers to get my 6355 motors onto the axle. you could get yourself some eskate Caliber, they are basicly the same but have 47mm axle shafts instead of 37mm.

So got some motors off @bigben which will be perfect however the @dickyho mounts I’ve got are gonna be too short and he’s no stock of the long ones :expressionless:

IMG-20181005-WA0019

IMG-20181005-WA0017

Nooooooooooo. So close

Seems I have 3 choices at the moment.

Move the trucks under Modify the mounts (either remove some material on the top, where one of the idler mounts or get a bit of flat bar welded in to extend them) Wait out for longer mounts

Ah dude, so you cant use the motor or mounts you got from me? Don’t worry you’ll get them on board number 2 and 3 :smiley:

Trucks are sexy though

What about in ward facing mounts?

Inward won’t work with drop through either

Just do that untill dickyho restocks. Hes fairly quick.

Got a friend with a TIG so he’s gonna try and add 20mm to the length. Alot depends on how good the aluminum (or chineseium!) is I guess :slight_smile:

Dickyho got his mounts back in stock so I’ve ordered some longer ones, might have a go at extending what I have but I’m not sure how well Chinese aluminium will take the welding.

Got the board running the motors at least though on a 12v power supply for now just to get it set up. Configured my dual flipsky vesc with @Ackmaniac firmware and all seems OK on the bench. Next job is to wire in the BT module, mount the power switch from the @Martinsp anti spark and then find a way of securing everything in there. I’ve got some high density foam that I’m gonna pad the battery a bit with and I’ll probably print some sort of equipment sled to fix the rest of the kit too.

1 Like