Building a Trike, Motor Advice

So In the past, I was building a FrankenBoard (Previous Post), weirdly enough it worked perfectly. I had a Top speed of around 35km/h and a range of around 20km (The chain wasn’t aligned properly so it drew way more current to run than necessary).

I am currently working on a larger Trike using the same 12S5P Battery Pack I built out of Samsung30Q’s. I wanted some advice on whether or not this 800W motor would suffice and if I could still use my FOCBOX with it (It seems to have the sensor wires so it should work). BTW its only a trike in the sense that it has 3 wheels, it’s more like a Soap Box Cart with a 13inch back wheel and 2 8inch MBS front wheels.

Also I am open to any other motor suggestions, (Though I am trying to use a single powerful if possible, just for simplicity)

My goal is a Top speed of ~60km/h, range of ~40km with a 3:1 ratio.

Seems like other vehicles I’ve had required at least 4-5 HP to get to around 40mph… so a 800w motor is just over 1 HP equivalent.

The spec sheet for that motor doesn’t give a KV rating, but does give a performance graft, which gives an aprox KV of 50… plugging that into http://calc.esk8.it with 3:1 gearing and 330mm drive wheel gives a top speed of about 20mph, which sounds about right.