- What batteries should I use?
- I’m building an electric ride on golf cart
- Needs to be able to carry 125kg (Me + Bag)
- Needs to travel at least 10 miles up / down hills
- Speed not massively important, but 15mph sounds reasonable
- Decent amount of space for bigger batteries if necessary
- So far dual NTM Prop Drive 50-60 270KV / 2400W motors are looking like the best option, I’m open to suggestions.
- Using 178mm Mountain Board Wheels with possibly 3:1 gear ratio (This is my assumption what what I’ve read, I might be totally wrong here!)
Hi There, Great forum you have here, I’ve been searching through it the last few days trying to learn about electronics, motors, ESC’s etc etc… (My brain hurts) but there isn’t a great deal surrounding what I’m trying to achieve. Please excuse my lack of knowledge my background is programming, this hardware and electronics is alien to me.
I’m looking to build an electric ride on golf trolley. I want it to be able to carry between 125kg / 150kg (that includes me / golf clubs / chassis ) for 10 miles up and down hills. I’ve been looking at using dual NTM Prop Drive 50-60 270KV / 2400W motors but the issue I’m facing now is what type of battery to use that will give both the performance and efficiency needed.
I’ve been looking at using 230mm mountain board wheels with a 3:1 gear ratio. As speed isn’t as important as efficiency (I don’t want to get stranded halfway round, hah) But I would like to achieve 15mph. From what I’ve read the 3:1 ratio would give me a decent amount of torque and the ability to get up hills easier?
I’ve read elsewhere on the forum that the average is 10wh per km on a flat, but golf courses are notoriously hilly. How should I take this into consideration? Would something like a car battery work?
Size isn’t a big factor for me as the battery will be situated between myself and the golf clubs so I could use a big battery if needed. Does anybody have any suggestions for batteries I should use? Also if there is anything else that I’ve got completely wrong please feel free to let me know. I’m completely new to this and I’m still in the planning stages, I’d like to catalog my build once I know which hardware I’ll be using.
Thanks guys! Ben.
From all the information you amazing people on this forum have given me this is the setup I’ve decided to go for so far;
2 x Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374-192kv Motors 2 x ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 5S1P 30C wires in series (Still under debate, I think this should work?) 2 x Maytech VESCs’