BUILDLOG: 12s4p Li-Ion 80A 10400mAh (Sony18650VTC5A) battery. Part 2

Awesome! That will be great to know.

First off, this post should be in its own thread or at least not this one IMO since it is slightly off topic. However, it is your first post so I’ll let it slide :slight_smile:. I think that you should read a little more on your gear ratios because 30t is a little low for your wheel (but doable) and 20t is much too high for your motor (not doable). Also 11mm wide belts will be hard to find but I bet someone makes them :slight_smile:. Also 260kv and 10s is too high for the VESC and you run the risk of blowing it. The 260kv motor combined with the high gear ratio will leave you very little torque. I would recommend dual 6354 or 6355 190kv sensored motors for the best mix of torque, speed, and smooth acceleration. Also do you have anything for a motor mount? Didn’t see anything listed. Sorry for the long response :slight_smile:.

1 Like

Thank you very much sir, haha, soz i’ll make a new post, but i cant find the new post button.

I’ll be making the motor mount myself, something similar to thoses on the market, im a student so i dont have the money to buy straight from them.

ive seen people using 36teeth to 16 teeth, so i assumed it would be alright to go slightly lower as it showed on the online calculator that i would gain higher speeds, but weaker torque.

if i kept these pulleys, and purchased a 190kv motor at 10s or 12s would i be able to reach 30+ mph? what if i purchased the 260kv and used 8s instead, i read that it would be better, and workable with the vesc. but im trying to go high speeds. what do u think?

If you go with that gearing ratio and motor you will have to kick push from a standstill (not a huge deal) but you will have very little torque for hills…

As for 30+…yes, definitely http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:1,“batt-cells”:10,“motor-kv”:190,“system-efficiency”:80,“motor-pulley-teeth”:20,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:30,“wheel-size”:90}|

http://calc.esk8.it/#{“batt-type-lipo”:1,“batt-cells”:8,“motor-kv”:260,“system-efficiency”:80,“motor-pulley-teeth”:20,“wheel-pulley-teeth”:30,“wheel-size”:90}|

However, the torque really won’t be there and I think that the loss in torque will make for not as fun ride but that is 100% up to you, and who knows? Maybe you will enjoy it :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I see, so if i went with the 190kv and those pulleys, do u recon it could go up a 15 degree hill at a decent speed. what pulleys do u recommend and thanks for the reply and help

Love aras.

Honestly I’m not sure, maybe some more experienced people can comment but I am not sure, maybe @JuniorPotato93? I know he has done a lot with pulleys. I would recommend DIYes pulleys (16/36) because they are quality products, and affordable.

1 Like

Did this ever happen? Just curious, not any pressure or anything :slight_smile:.

Honestly, the pulley you require is going to be based more on your riding set up as well as the rider. If you want to do 15 degree hills and you’re light as a feather then by all means go for a smaller ratio if you also want speed but if you’re built more like me and are 200+ and have your backpack or gym bag and that’s another 20 lbs then youll have to go for aarger pulley regardless. You’ll need to know your motor torque value and the desired gearing ratio and your weight and desired speed to know what gear you should be using really but then you should also make sure that is within the power requirements of your set up too so you don’t blow the whole thing.

1 Like

Not yet. I’ll try to get it done this weekend. Been a bit hectic and slipped my mind.

Awesome, let me know if you do it :slight_smile:.

I really like your built. Looks like you know what are you doing. Yeah, this welding kit is preaty expensive: 67€. Plus a car battery will cost atleast 60 if not a 100$. I think i will just buy spot welder on aliexpress if i cant make my own out of microwave transformer. Thanks