The construction of the battery is almost complete, unfortunately I had to make a new topic as I can no longer edit the old one (which is only 3 months old)
I’m back, and I’m tired of running my Multistar LiPo’s to the point of failure. (3*4S 10000mAh 10C) After convincing myself to justify the costs, I ended up pulling the trigger to make myself a sweet 12s4p battery pack. I’ll also be making and installing a sparkswitch.
Here are the parts thus far:
- 48 x €5,05: US18650VTC5A Sony Cells (35A/2600mAh) (nkon.nl)
- 13 x €2,8 : 10mmx0.15mm Pure nickel strip (nkon.nl)
- €4,60: 50 pcs of battery holders. I’ll probably have to file down the tabs to accomodate the 10mm nickel strips. I didn’t end up using them, maybe for another project.
- €80: BMS 12S 80A. When charging I’ll supply it with a (4,1*12)V power supply to extend the life of the cells.
- 10€: 3 Antispark chaka/vedder 1.4 boards.
- 15,5€: PVC Heatshrink aliexpress.
- ~€20: Parts for 3 antispark boards from Farnell + miscellaneous.
- €63: CLG-150-48A: is normally 48V but I found out it can be adjusted up to 56V.
- €10: Voltage/capacity display.
I’ll be spotwelding batteries to save the cells from getting to hot. For that I purchased a car battery and a DIY spotwelder of which I’m very satisfied.
I’m excited! Hopefully this will help others as well Dries
This is the spotwelder and battery that I’ll be using to assemble the cells: