Can lipos take any pressure from human weight?

Not yet, it still have the punch and charge to 4.20V each cell. It’s just have less capacity. And yeah I am already planning to get another battery, Turnigy Graphene, but I am waiting for it’s complete fail.

About LiPo’s being dangerous; I do agree that LiPos can be dangerous, and if they are handled improperly, they are. But if you don’t, puncture them, short them out, or god help you, over charge them, you should be fine. Actually today I was working on a BT speaker project and I was screwing a bolt in and my dumbass forgot the lipos were mounted on the wall of the box and I screwed a bolt into the lipo which cut into the silver pouch slightly. I heard something happening while I was screwing it in and looked to my horror see the bolt going into the pouch! I quickly disconnected the battery and threw it outside. Thankfully it didn’t pop or start smoking but it did get relatively warm. Anyways the point is lipos are dangerous and need to be dealt with the utmost caution. Oh and if you ever think anything is wrong with your lipo or its possibly a danger to be using it, just buy a new battery, its not worth burning your house down to save some $$$.

dude, i hope you have homeowners insurance.

this makes me very uncomfortable.

I would try adding a support running down the middle of your board between the packs to distribute the load.

That’s what I did with my solar powered board, because the panels would definitely break with weight, and I only had a plexiglass top.

I decided to go with wood, so I CNC milled 3 layers. 1 straight grain, 1 cross grain, and 1 straight grain with battery cutouts to give some extra height to make sure I’m clear of the batteries.

1 Like

Would love to see some pics of your work

In due time. I wanted to finish it before I publish it. The only thing really stopping me right now is I’ve been waiting for 3 and a half weeks for vesc’s from Chaka. I’ve been taking tons of pictures along the way.

The thing about putting pressure or doing something with lipo is this:

1. If you apply pressure, be sure to know that you apply pressure on it.
  2. If you work, touch and work with lipo be sure to know what to do incase shit happens.
  3. If you play around with lipo, make sure to always have the sense of temperature
  4. Always have your firebags around
  5. Never leave lipo on flamable spot.
1 Like