Cant Tess This | Mono 6374 | 10s3p | 90mm

Good to know since it leaves the deck neater. I’ll give a try in my first build.

Those motor wires seem rather long.

I have read many mixed things about the DRV burning on vescs, on one hand people say its because of long battery wires, others say its because of long motor wires. In my opinion motor wire length should be of less importance, but I have a friend who made a board with vescs almost directly near the motors because he burned his first. No problems since

where have you heard about long phase wires causing issues?

things that can cause issues (in our application): long battery wires long ppm wires

things that don’t cause issues (in our application) long phase wires

the phase wires on my board are about 4ft long, i’ve never had it give me a single issue. ever. many other on here use long phase wires for dual diagonal drives too. i’m 99% chakas mass produced board uses split ppm and long phase wires, lemme check real quick

3 Likes

what are ppm wires? the ones that run from the receiver to arduino or what?

ppm wires are the wires that go from the vesc to receiver to transmit ppm signal.

1 Like

Clean build. All my builds are big and everytime I keep building bigger builds, it’s time for a small, portable and convenient build like this one.

1 Like

How much does your build weights?

I want a dual motor lightweight esk8 to take it to places where I need to carry/lift it a lot, like banks, the dentist or offices.

I’m considering:

Hi5ber Ion-30

And this Loaded Cantellated

1 Like

My build weighs around 16 lbs (7.5 kg) with a solo motor.

The Hi5ber Ion 30 is sweet, but has a wheelbase of only 16 inches. So space would be limited.

The Cantellated Tesseract has a wheelbase of 24.5-26 inches, with length at 36 inches.

For me, my height, length of arms: any deck under 33 inches is perfect to mall grab without hitting the ground.

Another option would be the Truncated Tesseract. It keeps the 24.5-26 inch wheelbase, with a shorter length of 33 inches.

2 Likes

Thanks for that @jedi

I’m looking for something even shorter, like 30-33" with kicktail and a Wheels base of 20", not sure if there’s something available with those specs

1 Like

how tall are you @Eboosted?

my limelite came drilled with another set of rear truck mounting holes about 2 inches inside those pictured on the hi5ber website. With the length and spoon shape it gives it a rear kick-tail and can be set up with a wheel base around what you are looking for…

it is a full sized platform though at 10 inches wide, might be too big for you?

Wow that Hi5ber Limelite is sweet, but US$ 220 for a deck makes me think about it twice, however it’s a full 36" longboard

I’m 1.70mt (5.7ft)

1 Like

Wow might get this to deck swap my raptor 2

My Raptor 2 is 38" but it weights too much, I understand one of the reasons is the deck they used. So swapping to something like this is not a bad idea

https://mellowboardsusa.com/shop/buddy-buddy-x-mellow-cruiser-deck

my opinion, this deck is unique. always useful.

1 Like

Update:

The board was too fast. I changed the vesc settings from 45a motor max and batt max to 30a for both. Much better now, I topped out at 25mph.

The vesc is awesome, so smooth!

Love the Popoca’s, the perfect size and hardness. And no wheelbite with only 1/8" risers.

Love the deck! It has the slightest amount flex that’s perfect for dampening vibrations while maintaining the stiffness needed to fly.

Oh, and the Riptide bushings are quality.

VideoToGif_GIF

10 Likes

that vid you just posted sold me on a cantellated tesseract ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

How are the hobbyking trucks and mount? Seems like a rather cheap alternative for a mount+motor setup

3 Likes

The trucks are pretty solid. Bushings swap is a must. The mount works well with the trucks, but only works with the right motors.

1 Like

Just picked up a Tessy today for cheap. I think I’m going to put the new hummies on it…not too sure yet though

1 Like