Capacitor instead of spark loop key?

Ooh! Or Maybe This Switch? With it running in parallel as you said and a resistor in the middle position?

May I ask why you don’t go for a proven reliable layout if the double switch / resistor idea is not an improvement? To me it looks like a complication and potential failure point.

Why not simply do one of these solutions :

• put loop key inside a protected cavity within your enclosure / add a cover where it may plug
  • get an anti-spark module with a classic switch from @GoldenHusky (he has DirectFET versions if you really feel the need)
1 Like

Because I am making these plans to run at a Makerspace. We will be offering classes for all ages and walks of life, and the simpler I can make it (fewest removable parts, least number of steps to turn on and off) the better. And while I understand that an e-switch with mosfets is the easiest to operate, we are also trying to keep costs down and affordable, and every e-switch I’ve seen is ~$50. If it was just for me, I wouldn’t have a problem with the loop key, or two-button setup, but for the lowest common denominator…

Ok got it. Then really the loop key is the best solution, cost effective and literally anybody from the baby age to the good ol’ grandpa knows the use of a key and how to use it.

Really make a nice looking case for the XT90 loop printed in 3D so it doesn’t look like an electronic plug anymore and voilà.

What’s simpler for the common people than inserting a key into a vehicle to start it ?

I think you’ve convinced me. I’m just worried that people will lose it or do something else dumb that I can’t foresee, like accidentally stick something in the socket board-side…

1 Like

Nah make the plug big enough so it can’t be put in the wrong pins :wink:

Just find dpst swtich that runs 20A. Since its double you can use both sides that will run 40A in total. Yet it will run 40A only for a few seconds, so evsn single seitch would manage.

Anti spark is a resistor only be used to fill capacitor bank of vesc or esc. Thats all no more no less… So it only require 100ohm resistor and a momentary switch. It only need to close the circuit no more than 1second. Dont make things too complex for your self.

The most idiot proof build and simple is loop key. This is what I use in the end. Its the most cost efficient and reliable.