Carvon and EXO Boards. They won't deliver. Have I been scammed?

As in gas money? We live in Southern California so it a drive. He was only there for one ride and he also stayed with his sister who lives in Vegas. Just saying.

Also. LHB and Psychotiller were there so EVO and EXO talks could be had so it’s not just fun and games? All speculation of course.

@Lm1616 firstly when did you order your Exo? Second. Post a picture of the plug

1 Like

I don’t really care about his finances or accommodations, it’s a perception issue. Unfulfilled orders and no communication while actively participating in the esk8 community is a big FU to those that have backed him.

Clearly it doesn’t bother some and I don’t have any money tied up with him so carry on.

2 Likes

I’ll get a picture tomorrow but I believe it’s the same charger as the koowheel uses and it’s a 1.5 amp

Yeah. After months and months of non communication he popped back on with a small update of axels and EXO updates (telling people to contact him through his site live chat feature). It’s a bad business practice for sure.

2 Likes

I totally spaced it was the exo pro when you messaged me earlier. you should check with jerry to see if the esc/bms in that unit can handle a 3, 4 or 5a charger. It may not like it.

Did you get it all mounted up? At least show me and @Mikenopolis a picture

1 Like

It looks like koowheel ESC uses 10s 2A Charger

1 Like

image image image

The enclosure was a little tight around the esc. I used my heat gun and pliyers to loosen it up. The board has a bit of a curve to it so I heated up the sides and then clamped it down for a really nice fit. I love having a handle on my board so I put my old handle back on, but i need a deeper handle. It finally finished charging can’t wait for the rain to stop.

I was told to post here if I can’t get a hold of Jerry @LEVer

It’s been literally years. I still have not received my motors from Jerry. I can’t get a hold of him via email, Facebook, instagram, or his own website. What else can I do?

https://www.exoboards.com/ Have you tried the live chat here?

Yes several times. Never connects to agent.

1 Like

Because I used PayPal I’ve filed a claim through them rather than a chargeback with my credit card. Paypal is much slower. So far 4-5 emails or contacts have been sent to Carvon via PayPal with no responses. It’s not just customers they’re not responding to. If they’re ignoring payment processing companies they’re not going to be in business long. Carvon LLC has until 11/30/18 to respond - so I’ll update you with the result. In the meantime why aren’t you pulling your order??

I talked with @LEVer yesterday on the live chat He told me that all the boards will be shipped before the end of the year.

1 Like

I’d rather have the product than a refund - but he needs to communicate with me (and all of us with overdue orders) and verify that. I have patience to wait until the end of the year (not a day over). The non-responses just sound like a company going out of business and I’m worried about losing $3K.

I was talking about the EXO pro for the IGG backers If you are a kickstarter backer I don’t know

I don’t know where else to go. Mods locked my other thread regarding this and I can’t get any update from Jerry @LEVer . Someone referenced this thread and I am posting here.

I ordered Carvon motors on 11/8/2015. Jerry shipped me motors on 1/13/2016. I worked with Jerry to swap for V2 motors and shipped them back. Since then, it’s literally been over 2 years trying to get him to respond. He would say, I’ll ship you v3 motors. Then a year later v4. And constantly missing dates. Then suddenly, no responses now for 10 months. I’ve tried his Instagram, Facebook, Carvon website chat, and email. Every method of reaching him has had no response!

I’ve been out of a motor for 3 years now!

1 Like

literally 60 seconds of searching…

1 Like

@Lm1616 that looks like a 5.5 - 2.1mm jack. @jlabs sells a 10s 3A charger, BUT I don’t know if the Koowheel BMS can handle that.

https://buildkitboards.com/collections/accessories/products/3a-charger

1 Like

Yes zero news about kickstarter orders… They were made before IGG if I remember. Jerry does nothing for us not to worry about loosing our money. I understand he cannot reply everybody but a global update message on KS takes a few minutes. I start to worry also about a European battery builder who is 4 monthes late and became incredibly less reactive by email after paiement than before… It is clear that I am not an isolated case. Don’t you think that we should warn other forum members? I don’t understand why we have to keep silent here about it…

@LEVer care to reply on this issue? :point_up:

2 Likes