Carvon v2.5 axle snap

I think that’s fair considering he’s had them since February

There’s a lot of things esk8 vendors, dealers, and companies should do, but most of them fail to do so. I’ve experienced some of that myself.

3 Likes

I’m thinking that hanger had to be internally defective from the start.

I ran V2 duals for a while and never had anything like this happen. And I weigh a lot more than 130.

2 Likes

Yeah. This should be more of a replacement not a discount unless it’s huge. I would say it would be fair to give you a V4 for $150 as an upgrade. He has no proof that you did not abuse this and unlike Enertion, he never advertised that he can run it over with his truck.

4 Likes

I agree tbh. After the discount I’m still paying $500, I don’t have that kind of money to spend I’m just a college student. I saved up money for the carvon and was super happy with it up until today. Looks like I’m walking to class till winter break.

1 Like

I hate how money gets in the way of this. I just want to ride!

3 Likes

Yup, tis the life of a college student. I wanted spaghetti the other night, so i made kraft mac-n-cheese pasta, and mixed in some maranara sauce. (edit: 7/10 would reccomend)

5 Likes

I do not miss those days. It gets better

Just rolled into the Forum just now.

Yikes man! Hope you’re ok. Definitely scary stuff. I see that you may have sorted that out with Jerry.

I’ll have to keep an eye for that since I have the exact same one (red wheels).

What was the circumstances of that? Any speculation as to what might of happened?

2 Likes

Here’s the best I can say, I always thought my trucks were a little off, I would lose traction all of the time even when not turning. So maybe they were a little bent prior idk. Other than that I just hopped on my board and started riding on the sidewalk. The sidewalk has some big gaps, but for the most part is smooth. Then boom, bye bye motor, and since I was running front wheel drive I think it made it 10x worse. If I was running rear drive I wonder if I would’ve fallen at all.

1 Like

Is the hanger on those cut off short? The sheared hanger looks way too clean. If it’s actually cut off, it’s not that surprising that the axle sheared, as the bending moment there would be pretty high. Fatiguing the axle little by little until it snapped

They cut the hanger to make room for the motor yes. All hubs and Direct drives do that.

1 Like

There is the issue.

E: makes sense why they all keep snapping

That isn’t the issue, the issue is that these have an 8mm axle. The hanger must be cut there is no getting around that, even some belt drive systems carve the hanger.

It is the issue. Think about it, the trucks were designed with a 23mm diameter hanger supporting the 8mm axle. Cut that off, and now you have a weak truck. I bet that if you do the same with a regular skateboard, it would not survive a day at the park doing tricks.

Yes, a larger axle will bring back strength on future revs, but again, the issue with these specifically, is that the hanger has been cut, therefore leaving the axle unsupported for a long stretch. It’s a cantilever…

Really glad you’re ok though. It being a front wheel drive and all could have ended much worse than a few stitches!

Hey deconstruction is a good thing. And another good thing he don’t make them anymore … which makes mine more rare and valuable lol…jokes aside…8mm definitely doesn’t help with the bending…and those gaps in the sidewalks can really be jarring. I definitely avoid riding on sidewalks and if I do it’s slowish.

Anyway…important info for other owners like myself to be aware.

1 Like

I wonder if being on the front truck contributed. We ride with most weight up front (if ur doing it right) - I have bent several trucks from different mfg but only ever the front trucks

1 Like

not all hubs or direct drives cut the hanger. 500$ for a replacement for hubs that snapped and send you to the hospital! fuck that.

2 Likes

Was scared of just this with my carvon v2’s. Mine started bending, so I sent them back to jerry. He fixed them and the bend came back, so I got ride of them…

It’s a wide scale problem. I was told this bend had never happened before, even though at the same time, I was talking to many others with the same issue. It should have been recalled ,adn people should have gotten their money back.

I can tell you this, if you buy hummie motors and anything like this happens, we will take care of you. These kind of failures are not acceptable. It’s clearly a flaw with the carvon v2’s. This lack of transparency, blatant lying to my face, and lack of a solution were the reason I started working with hummie in the first place. If this happened with the v2’s/v2.5’s, god knows what problems jerry is covering up with the v4 and v4’s…

1 Like

End result, got a half refund. Putting that money straight into a belt drive system.

3 Likes