Carvon V4 delivered.....somewhat

Nobody likes to see bad things about something they’ve worked on. Truth is though, something this heavy and shape should be wrapped in bubble wrap. Yea it’ll cost an extra $2 to pack, but it’s well worth it to have good presentation when it arrives to the customer. This is not good presentation.

Nice to know you guys are putting magnets in your self. Are you winding your own motors yet?

4 Likes

magnets are not being in glued one by one there factory glued in but the glue is weak so we add a extra layer of glue that connects all of them so there intact along with a magnet retainer that is also glued in. Presentation or not these things are pretty robust to be broken because a mailman not us dropped it . Now we’ve never had a issue using this method of wrapping but will talk to jerry about it. Saying presentation again as if it was our fault the mailman dropped it somehow Carvons fault . (I do acknowledge that you can say the wrapping is not drop protection but there really robust to be broken that easily is what am staying never had issues with shipping) @evoheyax

Regardless, if it’s damaged, you are the shipper, you have to file the insurance claim, not him. So, if that means replacing them out of your(carvon’s) pocket, and file and wait for the insurance claim. Just remember your place in a business transaction. Glad your trying to help, but again he can’t file it, you have to if it is broken. Not trying to start anything, but no need to be so abrasive as the face of a company, since Jerry doesn’t visit here.

5 Likes

don’t get me wrong I am not saying I am not willing to work with him or carvon to fix his issue, my arguement is that I don’t think he broke anything and am asking for a video and I explained why I don’t think it’s broken. Now if look at the video and ask for jerry’s input and he try to resolve it and he still thinks it is broken were more than happily to take it back and replace it . we’re just trying to avoid opening it up to find nothing wrong with it. I got paranoid too at one point with my speed drives opened it up to find nothing broken.

2 Likes

@Exiledd_Top Even if nothing is broken, these should be packed better.

IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT SOMEONE ELSE DROPPED IT OR THREW IT OR MISHANDLED IT.

It is Carvon’s fault that it was packaged poorly.
It is great if nothing is broken but take this as a moment to learn from a minor mistake. All you have to do is go talk to Jerry and say: hey man, someone in the forums had their drive arrive in a beaten up box, maybe we should wrap the drives in bubble wrap.

If Jerry decides it’s not worth his time, then that’s his choice as the business owner and if anything is wrong that’ll be on him…

1 Like

I already stated that I was going to talk about it . Now I also explained why we did what we did because we never had any shipping issues . I was saying I don’t believe it was our fault but will take responsibility because it is our product and it was not user error. I feel am just saying the same thing over and over because people are just saying there opinion on the problem that I already have addressed ( not towards u @PXSS)

Miguel. Just stop talking, wait for verification that there is an issue with this specific drive. There’s no point arguing. If you put yourself in the shoe of the customer, you’ll see it his way and vice versa. It’s best to get proof and have Jerry decide and you can just help with communication. Probably best via DM so you don’t get all of us hammering on the keyboard.

As for shipping. Mine was the same with the axle killing the box even though it was wrapped in the bunch of bubble wrap I sent to him. I would suggest wrapping a bit of cardboard around the axle before putting it in the box to help thicken up those areas.

6 Likes

am not even arguing boi , I asked for video evidence and stated we will fix if it is broken , I was just S-A-Y-I-N-G I high dout magnet is broken and gave a explanation why I don’t think so -.-

If you said “I’ll mention that to him” then it’s over and done, problem solved, let’s move on, unless and until there surfaces a video of a broken drive.

Continuing to reply is pointless until more time passes

2 Likes

update I told jerry about it and. He said there was bubble wrap and that tape wasn’t there. conclusion time there was bubble wrap they poked a hole opened box took put bubble wrap and sealed that hole

2 Likes

Wow, you guys should file a claim against USPS, that’s extremely bad.

Thanks for trying to help. I don’t know how I’m going to upload a video. No means of recording. I’m one of the older members here, 54 yrs old. I’m a little behind of the times. Did manage to bench test the motors. Ran one motor at a time to do a comparison. One side runs smooth and the other side sounds a little different and feels to be off balance. Place my hand on the truck while running and you could feel the vibration on one of the motors. The motor giving the problem was from the damaged side of the box. About the box that it came in. If you looked at it, you can clearly see the damage was caused from the inside out. The side of the box with the USPS tape, the opening goes clear across the box. Definitely doesn’t look like any cuts in the side of the box on the damaged side. Box doesn’t seem to have been cut open at any time. Only one layer of packaging tape on it. Not sure what to do at this time. What I’d real like to do is send the motors and damaged box back to Carvon.GEDC0237 (640x428)

So delay after delay on these motors because they didn’t want to send them out without the PU covers so they wouldn’t break. Idiot proof I seem to remember them saying. After many many months of waiting for these with no communication, and when they finally do send them, it’s in piss poor packaging!? Wow… Just, wow…

2 Likes

Hahahahahahaha. Wow totally. Sure. Not get to filing.

I call bullshit on the bubble wrap.

2 Likes

I used to work for FedEx and there would often be boxes that were trashed. Mainly the cause of this was some heavy object that was loosely packed in the box. It’s not USPS’s fault that the box got damaged. When packages are being shipped they move around a lot. If the items inside the box aren’t securely packaged, such as in this case, a heavy metal item with sharp edges, it’s definitely gonna shift around a lot and destroyed the box from the inside. That is the fault of the person who packed it, not USPS fault.

So they opened the box, saw something valuable, and instead of taking it they just removed the bubble wrap and sealed the box with tape!? Right…

@Exiledd_Top this is what I imagine when you say it.
29p68r

1 Like

I worked for USPS as a part time seasonal fill in at a Dispatch center sorting mail. We would literally have 20+ bins set in front with destination codes and be throwing parcels from incoming bins. It was alot like playing the hoops game at the Midway only further away with bigger holes to hit…

2 Likes

I am not exactly sure, but I assume anywhere along the route if the package is damaged or contents go missing, they do their best to patch it up a bit and slap that sticker on it.

I received a package with this label on it, half the contents were missing. The packing was in very poor condition, had been originally closed with only one layer of tape, only taped around the edge about an inch. box arrived to me with one half (that side lacking tape) wide open and parts flailing around the inside willy nilly… but half of my stuff was there at least.

USPS cannot be held liable for people who pack lacking sufficient packing materials, packing tape, etc. If you put a bare knife in a bubble mailer and expect USPS to held liable for not getting it to it’s destination in perfect condition… you are crazy. Wrap things right, pack things right, use extra packing tape… and this shouldn’t happen.

:slight_smile: Just my thoughts. Vendor covered my lost parts too btw.

1 Like

Yes sometimes packages can get tossed around in the time crunch the shipping company’s have to deal with, but if these were just properly packaged it wouldn’t matter. For as expensive as these motors are, you’d think they would of had proper packaging made for them so they would be secure and not shift around while in transit. It’s baffling how these weren’t shipped out until many months past when they were supposed to, so they would be designed to last longer and not need to be returned if something went wrong, and then they disregard all of that when it comes too shipping the product to the customers.

1 Like