Caution against flush mount decks

I was been happily riding a Globe Maiden deck until I noticed my ride getting a little sloppy in the back. It turns out the deck started to split in the back likely due to the tremendously bad roads in DC. If you’re a new builder looking for an urban commuting deck, steer clear of a flush mount.

1 Like

I think a OMFG!!! is justified here.

2 Likes

Nowadays posts that contain neither fire nor broken limbs don’t justify “OMFG” anymore.

1 Like

I don’t think flush mounts are necessarily a problem, but…

WTF is that deck made out of?

The deck cross section looks like a mdf board :joy:, guess they are skimping on materials.

2 Likes

ain’t no maple near there

Ha, yeah… when I bought it, I thought it said 9-ply maple. I just looked again and it says, 9-ply maple resin. :roll_eyes:

So, perhaps the lesson here is to pay attention to what your deck is made out of.

2 Likes

def.! that type of deck could have split at any time esp. being used as an eBoard!

1 Like

lol where are the 9 ply^^ mdf looks even better than that.

Looks like some thin slices of wood mixed with peanut butter

1 Like

Yeah, the peanut butter makes for a smooth ride. Can’t use crunchy though. It’s the worst.

1 Like

my first longboard was also maple 9 ply for 75€ and last week i modified it with my dremel…turns out that it actually was maple plies, explains why it was stiff as a rock but great controll