Chain type for eMTB

This is what my board looks like now… and no, it makes no difference at all except, with a mountain board, you don’t want shitty little stones and mud getting in to your belt! With a chain, it just crushes them or things like mud doesn’t bother them…

1 Like

those wheels are amazing, I love them!

I know right? :wink:

2 Likes

I will go for 06B then. Thanks!

It’s overkill man, I’m tellin’ ya…

I passed on chain drive when I worked out how small the diameters are and I couldn’t get the reduction I wanted with the pitch I wanted and that the chain is so close to the ground maintenance will suck! a dirt bike fares better… chains are great if they are spotless… need to be kept shiny, I prefer a hp wax over oil :wink:

Tried those first in my eMTB they stretch fast as hell and the chain started to look like crap after less than 100 km, I went with #25H (or some producers call it #25HD) chain, it’s twice as durable as 04B (6x2,8mm).

25H is like 05B or 06B?

Pitch is almost like 04B (6.3somethig) but chain plates are almost twice as thick, it’s used in mimoto and mopeds mostly. Because of small pitch you can have more teeth engaged thus less wear on them compared to larger pitches.

Okay, it makes sense, I will ask for this size in my distributor, but in its catalog the smallest is 05B with 8mm pitch

yeah about 14t and up chain efficiency goes up, depends if you look at it like a engineer or a cowboy?

Used ISO-04 on my V1 upgradet later to ISO-05 on V2 will upgrade again to ISO-06 … LOL Hard riding on MTB will kill the 04 fast… the 05 later… hope 06 is last upgrade :relaxed:

3 Likes

Right! How much distance do you leave between the plate and sprocket? 17mm in my setup,It will be enough?

did two wheelies yesterday and rode hard trough the woods. They did get longer already… Do i have the V1 or V2? :smiley: Seems like i need your V3 soon!

Dont know what ya mean…

You got the V2 …

Alright, then i can really recommend the upgrade to the ISO-06 :smiley:

2 Likes

now its maybe the shaft who suffer more :smile: … I have to think about a bearing shaft support like you did Jenso (for your belt kit) or like Trampa do now for 25£…

1 Like

Dude, you can’t post this pic and explain what’s going on here. Those wheels look sick.

1 Like

lol :slight_smile: :wink:

where abouts did you get the sprockets from? im looking at a 12/42 @ 3.5 ratio would love to know where you got the parts from please

1 Like