Chain type for eMTB

OVERION

3 Likes

Thanks this is actually a decent deal, it comes with the correct holes drilled out for both sprockets + the chain. the only concern i have is what type of chain it comes with so i can buy a spare since they dont sell them on their site =p

1 Like

Itā€™s ISO 06B, donā€™t trust the limited offer online, Yann got tone of spare not shown on his website, so Iā€™m sure he get what you need, just ask him nicely what you need, he will adjust the price :wink:

2 Likes

would you know roughly the price for shipping to AU? i sent him an email earlier about making a customised order since im after 8 sets for my 2 builds but im curious to what the shipping will be. and if its just chain i might be able to buy it from my country and save on shipping weight as that could play a huge factor.

1 Like

Yes sure, 5 meter of 6B is about 25/30ā‚¬ here. But donā€™t know about the shipping priceā€¦

1 Like

thanks, im actually not sure how much each wheel will use. would you know roughly the length that would be needed for 2 wheels. 9/42T and 11/35T or would it be safe to get 1m length per board as a spare? 500mm per wheel setup, then i can shorten them to length correctly?

would you by any chance know the actual name of the chain. ISO6b is what i know of it. is it just a standard bike chain i can use or is it something more specific?

Iā€™m quite confused here. What are all these types of chain, metric? Iā€™ve only ever known about #25, #35, and #45.

1 Like

Use the Search, Luke :wink: good luck to you

1 Like

is there any certain place you can buy these from, like local stores etc?

I only support our builders, my friend.

Consider purchasing from UNIK, E-TOXX and Overion.

The specific chain is called ISO 06B British Standard roller, or, ISO 06B Metric roller

thanks, well considering im spending several hundred over at overion. we organsied to not ship chain as shipping will be over $200

1 Like

At mentioned in your other thread mate any decent local bearing and power transmission shops should be able to get you the chain no worries

You havenā€™t bothered to update your profile with your location so harder to show which one is closer, but for example here is an Aussie mob

and what do you know, they have the chain, itā€™s 06B-1 would be my guess

ISO is talking about the standard (International Organization for Standardization)

1 Like

thank you. i normally dont like to put my location around the net, had some issues with identity theft in the past. though any store in australia should eb able to ship at a relatively low price, but yes i am picking up 16 kits from Overion + a few extras so i do support them, just shipping is a huge killer.

1 Like

Since this is fairly commented about chains and sprockets I thought I would come back and ask if I made a mistake with my purchase. I picked up the 10/35 06b from over ion to fit on my 6.5ā€™ urban tyres from Trampa but I ordered an undermount enclosure I worry it will sit too low to the ground so I got a set of 200mm Mbs which are on at the moment. I asked around Facebook and they say 10/35 is wrong ratio could I get some suggestions on how I could fix this or if Iā€™m worried s out nothing?

10/35 seems fine for 200 mm wheels. I am doing 10/42 for 200mm and while it gives great torque the sprocket and chain occasionally scrapes the ground if the tires are a bit deflated and I hit something like a slight curb.

You have dual drive right? if so 35t will be ok. Give it a test ride and see if you need more torque, if you do then you will need bigger sprockets. Have you messed around with the calculator? https://calc.3dservisas.eu/

1 Like

Bigger wheels more speed and more ground clearanceā€¦I also run Overion dual set up 10/42 with 130kv motorsā€¦for my MTB