Charger blinking red fast. Urgent

Heck, post some pictures. Im hella curious now

1 Like

Ok when I get home I will post some pics.

Yeah, on the other side of the cable sure. But what about the chain from transformer to output?

1 Like

Gotta go. Please keep posting this and ideas that I can take a look at soon and I will be back soon

You really want him to measure that? No offense @dg798 but electricity is hella dangerous if you donā€™t know what you are doingā€¦ especially mainsā€¦

Just promise you wont go poking around into a live box without guidance.

1 Like

If he knows what hes doing, Iā€™d do it without hesitation. Iā€™m an EE tho so I know what not to do :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Me tooā€¦ (learning to become one)

I donā€™t think he knows what heā€™s doing and if he doesnā€™t know where the mains side is he could get seriously injured :slight_smile:

I wouldnā€™t trust any fuseā€¦ itā€™s youā€™re last line of defenseā€¦

2 Likes

Lets hope weā€™ve nagged enough about safety. Fuse part is just to make people think, some countries still dont use residual-current devices so current can run until the cables meltā€¦

2 Likes

Mains side is what connects to the outlet

1 Like

Yepā€¦ but please donā€™t poke around with your multimeter when itā€™s plugged in.

1 Like

I only did that when I wanted to test output voltage.

1 Like

Listen to the guys here my friend. Not much inside on of those things that are user repairable and cost wise its usually cheaper to discard and get a new one. If the indicator light is blinking rapidly then its a component issue not a wire fault so again probably not something you can repair cost effectively. One thing to note too is sometimes when you unplug the charger from the mains the indicator lights stay on for a time. Thats because the unit holds voltage so even unplugged you can get a belt. Give it a while before you touch anything after its unplugged. For future reference when you charge the board, plug the low voltage side in first ie the board then connect it to the mains. This will stop the spark from the charge port. It will even spark on the port if the outlet switch is off. Be safe!!

2 Likes

While rcb are the safety standard for new installations there are still a lot of old residences that have not yet been ungraded so caution is a bloody good idea lol

1 Like

Always good to have more than 1 charger at home that way you always have one available even if you left one at work or in the car. Also helps eliminating the charger as a problem if both chargers donā€™t work that usually indicates itā€™s a problem with your board. If only one works and the other doesnā€™t then you have a defective charger.

2 Likes

Heā€™s in the US so itā€™ll ā€œonlyā€ be 120 VAC

2 Likes

True 10 charc

1 Like

Thanks for the tips guys. Appreciate it. Gonna buy a new one from @JLabs. Are his chargers legit?

1 Like

Yesā€¦ 10char

1 Like