Charging questions! Battery questions! HELP!

Some.of the guys here don’t understand that when it comes power density there’s a difference between x5 2s packs and x2 5s packs.

My issue was that you asked for help, then scored the help you were freely given. Not very gracious imo.

1 Like

Sorry man! Could you give a beginner some of your knowledge?

What’s the difference between power density in x5 2s packs and x2 5s packs? What would you recommend to get to my desired range? I need to get up hills and need at least 25-kilometer range if not more.

I am completely open to suggestions, no need to get tweaked. It just didn’t seem like there was any evidence that I would get my range with that setup. Can you understand where I’m coming from?

@Namasaki @mmaner How much range do you guys get on your 10s 5000mah boards? My environment is fairy hilly.

I realise that there is far more current in the 10s 5000mah pack, does this make the packs last longer while not technically having more WH?

@Namasaki if you were to build a board with my specifications, what would you do? Really appreciate your skill.

Not only voltage and capacity play a part in range but discharge rate also factors in because higher current capability means more headroom which means less voltage sag. Less voltage sag mean less current draw which in turn means more range. example: My 12s/5000/25C/125a got me 10-12 miles My 10s/5000/60C/300a gets me 12-14 miles The lower voltage battery should get less range but instead it gets more because the voltage sag is much less with a 300a battery than it is with a 125a battery.

I see what you’re saying, but @emstr is just trying to weigh his options for his first build, understandably. I did the same kind of math when I did my first build. He still seems very appreciative :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are on the right track. You now have to choose what’s best for your build abd expectations.

To answer your question though, I went with the 6 batteries because I bought from another builder and got a deal.