Chasing Time | HAYA | Venom Magnum MACH 1 | Surf Rodz RKP 200mm | OKP/UNiK mounts | Unity | 12s4p VTC5A | SPARKLE

quick update.

I added the idlers option. Just two additional threaded holes in M6. I may have to lower down the holes.

http://www.e-sk8.fr/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Mount.png

Once I got the mount and base printed, I’ll adjust the mount because I want to have a perfect pulley alignement.

7 Likes

3D printing done. Results are encouraging but I need to improve the design. I’m revisiting the “push part” and will add a circular component that will be a direct fit into the mount part.

I’m also revisiting the holes (don’t take that too much into account on this rendered version), I just didn’t update the 3D.

6 Likes

are you making mounts for aera rf1s?

3 Likes

Yes, I will also do it but will release first the mounts for Surf Rodz. I’m running out of personal money and will be ordering the rf1 soon !

7 Likes

Can’t tell from the image but are the tops of the teeth at the same level as the mount? I think it leaves the belt a little exposed, personally I prefer mount to hit concrete rather then belts - clearance on mounts was the biggest issue I found with my 76mm wheels build

yes.

With 76mm wheels it’s always the challenge. But you’re right, I’ve not mentioned it but the “circle” of the mounts is a bit larger than the 32T pulley with belts but still have a proper clearance. Good thing is here I’m starting from scratch and this will be made out of AL7075 so I expect them to be strong too.

2 Likes

I want the Magnum wheels & pulleys @okp :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll be able to report back on this by Tuesday with the prototypes in hand.

I’ll hope to finish the design next week of the mounts. Print is on going.

4 Likes

got the bearing on order to fit my custom aluminium idlers.

bearing

My plan is to reuse my all terrain mounts idlers but instead of using 10mm shaft for them, I’ll go for 8mm.

IMG_5879

IMG_5929

6 Likes

Actually I’m in the works of getting these mach1 as well @okp You’re becoming like @Skunk advertising the SR :wink:

6 Likes

quick rendering update. I’ve created a recessed 3mm area that will slide into the “push part”. This will help me in getting a perfect pulley alignement.

52 43 41 30

9 Likes

orca~2

12 Likes

wow that’s sick !

2 Likes

@okp if you need help with the funds for the Aera truck mount as I’m dying for this. I’ll send you money for a pre order for a set of Aera mount and a set of Venom pully sent at once when your complete if you want. I’m more then happy to help out if I can.

3 Likes

If you need some “preorder” funds for the SR RKPs and magnums, I will gladly send you some funds ahead of time

3 Likes

I will get the Magnum pulleys prototypes by Tuesday and if they are good, I will be able to launch a production. These will go in AL7075 so anodization would be either natural or black. If people want to go for 6061, I would be able to get red, black, blue, natural and gunmetal !

5 Likes

Now that’s a longboard. Well done my brother.

2 Likes

Thank you sir…my DH boys are all over me to build something what they ride so I’m trying to make it happen to make them get into it more…they are snoody and picky they want what they have been riding for ever don’t blame them…

I like the sounds of this … colours are wonderful …I like the sounds of gunmetal and gold or a bronze

3 Likes

I have a single drive board, and I tested running the motor in the front and in the rear. I found that running the motor in the front gave me way more traction when going up hills, going down them, and accelerating.

1 Like

Did you happen to monitor power consumption? I’m curious what difference there may be, if any.