Cheap Ass 6x2 Pneumatic Belt Setup. 3D printed Pulley/ Vex Versa Pulley. Thingiverse link in post #534

I grabbed them in a local hardware store called Ignera in Vilnius, Lithuania if that helps a little.

I think you could find them online, like on amazon, just search for CRAFT 628RS bearings. I guess…

or you dismantle the stock bearings, clean them with alcohol and lubricate them with oil or grease

They still felt uneven, some of them were even getting caught up with something and locking up from time to time. Bad bearings. :smiley:

1 Like

I wonder what the efficiency is because of the pulleys.

1 Like

Yeah, long mount, with a short one I’d hit the tire with the pulley no problem…

1 Like

I assume by pulleys you mean idlers.

I doubt it really will impact much(reducing range, etc) as these add minimal pressure and allow me to run loose belts… They are equipped with bearings anyways, add just tension and minimal angle to the belt travel path.

I’ve found this too:

Read a bit more in that thread, it’s a nice thread.

3 Likes

NVM— solved

So @dickyho has an airless offroad setup now that is priced crazy well. He is going to be selling pneumatics ones too. So, do check it out. Here’s theebay link.

Here is his thread

5 Likes

I confirm that the uphill consumption is 15wh/km. That’s puts the average of uphill and downhill at around 13wh/km. I am impressed. This is on stock bearings. Screenshot_20190210-154856 Screenshot_20190210-154844

3 Likes

Frickin insane. I want to ride asap. But there’s like, two more months left to wait for the snow to thaw… :disappointed:

That’s really good! My wheels will arrive this week, I’m super excited :grin:

This is for the airless?

No no, this is for the pneumatic tires. My setup.

1 Like

13Wh per km is super good efficiency for pneumatics. What PSI do you run them at?

Also, has anybody else had quality control issues with the 6x2 inner tubes? Two have already failed on me where the valve stem meets to tire :boom:

Put a 2 star review on Ali with the photos of the defect and they will send you new ones.

I run them at 72 psi

3 Likes

Yep I’ve had that failure on one so far.

me too…tried to fix it but that area is impossible to repair.

I managed to fix one using an adhesive called Pratley’s Wondafix.

I partly removed the valve stem and injected some between the side of the stem and the tube which had come loose. I then put a small cable tie around it tightly and left overnight. It’s been holding up well so far (30 PSI so nothing crazy).

Probably not worth the effort but finding a replacement inner tube locally was impossible.

I am surprised you didn’t get 2 spare tires with inner tube. Inner tube should outlast the tires, so even if you get one defective you are still all set.

I had one defective stem out of 8 full tires and 8 tire-tube set. I messaged the shop with photos in Ali Express and they sent me 2 two replacement tubes for free.

2 Likes

I’ve since got two spare tires + inner tubes which should last me a while :smile: I would’ve pushed for replacements from the same store if I’d known.