Decided to document this setup in its own thread to showcasing the performance and invite discussions. It was also brought to my attention that I was spamming the no words thread. I agree, it would be best to wait until the project is done and reserve the incremental updates to this thread.
What is needed(3D printed Pulley + 3D printed pulley adapter)
- Tire with hub from aliexpress. $69 for a set of 4 (shipping included) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-6X2-tyre-6-Inch-Scooter-Tire-Inner-Tube-Set-Electric-Scooter-Wheel-Chair/32840489792.html
- Three M6 Bolt, 45mm length $7 for 25pcs https://www.mcmaster.com/#91292a143/=1e8wvz4
- 3D printed pulley adapter https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14AF8h_PFzBTdH6JRkKynJ70I3WzezC0N
- 3D printed pulley(Any teeth count from 42 to 60) https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14AF8h_PFzBTdH6JRkKynJ70I3WzezC0N
- Trucks $65 should have 8mm shaft with 35mm free length. TB218 will work. products/torqueboards-218mm-trucks
What is needed(Vex Robotics Pulley + 3D printed pulley adapter) 2. Three M6 Bolt, 25mm length 3. 3D printed Versa pulley adapter https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14AF8h_PFzBTdH6JRkKynJ70I3WzezC0N 4. Vex robotics versa pulley(42T or 60T, 18mm) $5.99 https://www.vexrobotics.com/vexpro/motion/belts-and-pulleys/htdversapulley.html 6. three qty of locknut(8-32) $6 for pack of 50 7. 3 qty of bolt(8-32) 1-1/4" . you’ll have to grind it a tiny bit $6 for 50 pcs
Pics: Tire above has been pressurized to 60psi.
Now I wait for 2 weeks to receive the other 3 wheels so that I can test it on a board. I don’t have long axle trucks to properly test the wobble, but I did spin it on a normal truck and didn’t notice any wobbling. Can’t say anything about balance. How do you guys test for that?
EDIT1: Modified the part to save plastic