Cheapest way to get off road?

Hi everyone, I live near a long dirt walking trail (not bumpy, just not paved). I was wondering what the cheapest way for me to convert an eboard to ride these types of trails would be, in your opinions? Would the off road thane wheels work or do I need pneumatics? Any cheap options for pneumatic? I can do some modifications on a lathe or some 3d printing if needed. Many thanks, R

I’m in the UK if that helps

I was thinking maybe evolve AT conversion kit?

1 Like

http://www.volansboard.com/11-offroad-allterrian-power-truck-kit-with-8-pneumatic-tires-p-575.html

It’s diyeboard’s ‘wholesale’ site. But you can order one off it. You have to make an account first, but the price is 182 for the kit. Cheapest off road setup I can think of.

That or throwing some 125mm scooter wheels on there

1 Like

The cheapest and easiest way to go off road is to do what i do, which is to take a corner too damn fast and just slide right off it into the trees. That’s probably the most efficient way possible come to think of it. I’ve been doing it for some time, but it takes practice, so don’t give up.

14 Likes

I saw that!! Hope you f*cked that bush UP!

2 Likes

mountain board wheels

1 Like

@Rutherford dirt trail? maybe 100mm MBS would be sufficient? I’m just wondering if pneumatic would be an overkill for your needs.

Carvon’s EXO video had those wheels in dirt, seems to work fine

1 Like

Would recommend @Maxid 3d printed hub + tires/tubes ordered from aliexpress/china.

Otherwise… all other options seem costly… and ‘hybrid’ wheels are still too hard to get hands on… (at least for somewhat cheap price…)…

If you want all in one solution with superb grip / quality then, probably @ psychotiller sixshooter wheels is what you should be aiming for… though looks like with your expertise, you might be better off creating something yourself :wink:

2 Likes

I ride occasionally in the grass with 90mm wheels for fun I think the 100mm mbs or 110mm rough stuff wheels would work fine just avoid large rocks.

1 Like

hello have you try this one ?

1 Like

Nope, and I haven’t hand any luck finding reviews either. Let me know if you run into any. The company’s pretty slimy as far as they go, but I’ve also used some of their stuff and not been dissapointed

1 Like

if it’s a maintained trail (graded and smooth), almost anything will work. Obviously bigger is better.

97mm or 100mm will work.

6 Likes

Thanks for the advice everyone, I’ll look into either getting bigger wheels or some pneumatics :slight_smile:

1 Like