College board | 20.5" custom deck | 270kv motor | 2x multistar 3s 5200mah lipos | Gool RC 80A esc | 83mm green flwheel clones | Enertion mount and pulley

Looking good … It will be a good first board for you … Look forward to seeing pictures !!! See if you can work in lights…for safety :wink:

I would totally put a graphic on top of the board you made and use clear grip tape…

Think it would look dope and add more DIY artistic flare if you put something you drew or created

Yeah, I am constantly looking for lights at the moment, but they will be for my other board as this one will only be use during college hours which 7:30 - 5. Which lights options do you recommend? I have read the thread on it and I think it was @lowGuido’s diy option that seemed a good idea or shred lights.

UPDATE – I have been able to cut my board into a shape which I believe is similar to ohm-boys board but with my own customized board dimensions. Now I have opted to go with the batteries I originally stated, even though many people have said to go for 20C discharge batteries. My reasoning behind this choice is 1. Price, for the two of these it costs under £25. 2. The ability to slimline the pack. 3. This board is preliminary for a college board so speed isn’t a necessity to me here.

THE BOARD
The dimensions are: 20.5" x 9.5" (at the widest part) and 7.25" at the end. I made various templates of the board but this is the result. The first is a thick 1" corrugated cardboard that I decided was unnecessarily long at over 25" so I shortened it to 20.5" and then the next is a paper template. Then lastly is the cut out board that I hand layered out of 7ply Canadian maple.

Below is the enclosure options. I wanted to see what sizes I would have so I mocked up two outcomes on paper, the top as if I was to slimline the pack and the other if I was to leave the lipo as it comes. I am going to go for the slimline option as I can then try to enclose the components inside the deck itself.

I then cut out a duplicate board using my jigsaw and cut out the inside section to house my electronics and battery. I will then use magnets and some abs plastic to form an under lid.

I then aim to glue the two together like this to make a strong but 24mm thin deck in total with a 13mm deep section for electronics to sit.

QUESTIONS

1. How many neodymium magnets will be required if the can hold a suggested weight of 550-650g? would these work?
  2. Will I need a rubber ‘gasket’ in between the base of the board and the enclosure to form a weather ish proof seal? If so does anyone have any suggestions that will work with magnets?

Thanks

~Lightboard~

1 Like

Hey, what did you end up doing for the batteries? Just curious since I plan on getting 2/4 multistar batteries.

Hi @Pathaim I havent actually got round to doing to batteries yet but I am still going to opt for the multistars and then slim line them. If you would like to do this too there are a couple of threads available that 2 active members made

Just search for slim lipo packs or something in the search bar and results should appear. Then it is a matter of reading

I’m not too worried about that. Just confused about howhat to connect them. I’ve looked around and cant find my answer, should I have 2 in series 6s 5200mah (and if I do will I still get the 5200 from each pack) or in parralel for extra amp discharge 3s 10400mah. Would be great if you knew haha

Or I was just considering getting 2 10000mah 4s 10c and putting them in parralel

If you were to put them in series as in 6s, then the capacity will be 5200mah overall, not in each pack. If you were to want a higher capacity then the option would to get two 10000mah batteries at 6s for example and then wire them in parallel which will make the overall pack 20000mah and 6s. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Haha. I’m just thinking what to do since the max motor amp is 60 and max volts 8s lipo. Any suggestions? What’s your recommendation? 2 x 3s in series