Custom enclosures for sale! Design your own

@Dunkirk I absolutely love your enclosures and after spending some time reading this forum decided to build a board based on the vanguard deck and ideally two of your type 3 enclosures if you are still making them? Are the L21,5 x W19,5 x H3,2 cm inside or outside measurements?

Thanks! Yes still making those :slight_smile: Those measurements are from outside. I do not have ready made enclosure now, so I can not give you exact measurements from inside but you can have some idea of the inner size from the picture where is bunch of 18650 cells.

Thank you that should work. I want to go for a dual hub motor setup with 10s3p, consisting of 10s2p in one of the boxes and another 10s1p in the other box plus the 2 vesc. I should manage to fit it all in what do you think? If not I will just leave it at 10s2p to beginn with. I want the board to be as compact as possible, 10-12km range would be sufficient. Can you send 2 boxes to Barcelona by the end of November? I will have all my parts by then and want to start a post here for my first build! :slight_smile:

That should work! I also have thought to do exactly like that. 10s2p in front and 1p at back. You have about 13cm x 10 cm space after placing 10 cells in the enclosure.

I can do them whenever you want!

Kalle

Hello,

I am also building a Vanguard setup, but with dual VESCS.

My plan is to mount the battery (10s2p Samsung 25r) in the front and then the 2 ESCs, DIY Boards ON OFF Switch, and DIY Nano reciever in the back close to the motors.

I have ordered Kydex and plan to use that.

Where on the Vanguard board do these enclosures need to be mounted to avoid issues with flex? (I have a flex 3)

What layout of the VESCs do you use/ recomend inside the enclosure?

Not really related, but I am planning on running flat wire on top of the board under the grip tape, so do I need to increase the capacitor size for that?

Thanks.

Wow great job.

Hi, what’s the total width ( blue line ) of the encloser?

Don’t mount anything in the middle section where the board flexes. Take a look at other builds there. VESC layout is up to you, you will somehow figure it out in the end. Just make sure you have enough space for it. If you want to run FOC, you will need a huge capacitor(s) to compensate the long wires.

Define huge.

Also, I have measured out that I can likely keep my wires around 45cm, so longer than the recommended 30cm, but not as bad as it could be.

I think I am going to go with printing one of these types of VESC/ Capacitor holders similiar to @Blasto

Hi, sorry for delayed answer. The blue line is 19,5cm and the green one is 13,8cm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there anyway you could make something similar than the Boosted Board big enclosure shape and size?, their enclosures match the shape of the board perfectly.

1 Like

Sure I can! Do you have specific measurements in mind? :slight_smile: I am actually making new battery enclosure for my Vanguard that is similar to Boosted enclosure

What about something like this? :stuck_out_tongue: I’m also trying to design Vanguard enclosures…

4 Likes

I’d like to fit two packs of 5S4P on each side of the board, one side must be bigger than the other as it will need to carry 2 vescs and the BMS.

But I’d love to see an enclosure similar than the one pictured by jackw

Well this enclosure is in-theory designed to squeeze a 12S4P into the front and dual VESC in the rear (Rear enclosure not my design) so I bet it’d fit a whole 10S4P, rather than splitting into two 5S4P packs maybe?

7 Likes

Where did you get that design? That’s amazing, hope someone could get the files to 3D print it.

Sorry I should have cleared that up, the front battery enclosure is my own design that I am developing, and the rear case for the VESC is one I downloaded from thingiverse by @emancarrillo. I hope to get it 3D printed or made out of MDF or something to make a mold so I can get it vacuum formed. Possibly by @Dunkirk?

Why not just use the 3D print enclosure in plastic intead of making one of fiberglass?

1 Like

@jackw That is really good looking 3D model! Only problem is that the enxlosure might bee too long. The enlosure on the 3D model is about 30cm long and will affect to a flex.

@Eboosted I would suggest enclosure “3” on the back and enclosure “3+” on the front. Or two "3+ enclosures on both ends of the board. 3+ can hold 20 cells in total but not BMS :slight_smile:

I would love to vacuun form that enclosure desing! But I do not know how well 3D printed plastic can manage when hot plastic sheet is put on to it. Do you know a good material that can be 3D printed and can resist heat at the same time?