Custom longboard built by Psychotiller Dave:41in H1 drop down deck,duel 6355 Torque boards motors 170 kv,surfrodz trucks,Psychotiller custom mounts,duel vescs,huge lipo10s battery,custom billit 6 in pneumatic street slick wheels

So after buying a piece if sh** genesis a rebranded koowheel and having it break three hours after unboxing it,I decided to do a little research. Realizing if I was going to get what i was after Id have to be willing to dig deeper into my pockets and look twords something outside the box so to speak.After much reading was interested in the DIY community’s influence and being that i had no clue about building one I wanted to find a board that was built by someone expierenced and involved intimately with the build. So i come across this board made by some dude (Dave) and his Psychotiller company. Man I had to have it but couldn’t afford it but was close enough to hit him up asking if he would be willing to end auction early I’d put what i had down and have the rest later on in the week. To my surprise he did just that. After getting up the rest of the money my board was on its way. About the board flexible longboard feel and rides and carves just like a snowboard in powder super responsive and smooth.The wheels are awesome for smooth stability over many terrains. After blowing a VESC, called Dave and this dude guides me through taking board apart and plugging in USB to laptop ,downloading BLDC tool and reading fault codes.All of this was new to me and also very interesting.After we figure out it was a common issue with VESC DVR chip,He had one in the mail the next day (without charge) to replace. It arrived ,after some tinkering and soldering the board was back plugged in and he again guided me through setting up motor specs. The board rides amazing with amazing feel and more than enough torque to climb any hill i can find where im at and there’s a bunch of them.Literally screams up hills very responsive breaking and the battery lasts for along long time at least 20miles going over whatever comes my way with a not so conservative approach to acceleration and torque. Now that i have been through some of the learning curve to E skateboards I will start my own build and i already know who will help when i run into issues,cant say enough about the build and the help I received from the guy who put it together so if your wanting a board thats not a mass produced Chinese turd and want something thats truly special hit this Psycotiller kat (Dave) up you wont be disappointed. Custom wheels ,motor mounts and enclosures and thats prob not all. This is where concrete turns into powder and the feeling of snowboarding comes alive without ever having to go to a mountain.Thanks Dave this board truly inspires me.

9 Likes

Could we please have some pictures?

12 Likes

Love the review! Thank you.

Should mention the battery isn’t lipo. It’s a 10s5p Li-ion pack built in chicago by @barajabali

8 Likes

Got the pleasure of meeting him too, great guy and most helpful I’ve yet to meet on the forum

3 Likes

My bad don’t know how to edit but the avid reader will figure it out.glad that was my only mistake.

1 Like

This looks fantastic! Which of the surfrodz trucks are those?

1 Like

Dave has been very helpful with answering my questions and this forum is a great resource!

1 Like

Those are surfrodz tkp trucks.

Thanks! I was trying to determine whether they were the ones which were no longer available. Upon further inspection, it looks like these might be less wide than I thought (as the wheels also extend length, it seems). So I’m guessing the latest TKP Grindz at 177mm? https://www.surf-rodz.com/products/trucks/tkp-all-raw-kit

1 Like

TKP grindeez

1 Like

Not sure why surfrodz printed grindz on those hangers. They aren’t grind. They are straight up Tkp’s.

2 Likes

All I can say is sounds like somebody’s trying to stir the pot.The fact of the matter is :daily I ride two and from my friends house who lives 8.3 miles from my home I find bike lane boring so I mix my terrain up in and out of sidewalks bikepaths and anything to change it up. On a full charge readout tops to 95% for battery protection after two med size hills but fairly steep and flying with controlled reckless abandonment(with helmet) on a variation of terrain my batt reads over 70% upon arrival to friends house after some time of Chillin with the homie I ride same distance home before I get there but in close proximity to my house I detour taking the board for a tarmac speed thrill carving session on a newly layed super smooth bicycle/walkway ,wide overpass that’s about 1/3 of a mile long usually back and fourth a minimum of three times because I love the smoothness of the wide freshly laid path this is one long rolling hill with no less than 15%incline on both sides . I get my graceful smooth snowboard S turns in here accelerating up hill from 10-26+mph according to GPS speedometer not topping out either that’s my 40yr old threshold for control and fear, so nice and butter smooth .after three runs back and fourth bombing ferociously up and down this stretch I head home. One time hitting the voltage drop warning that I was hitting the 30%batt mark and to be nice to the battery coasted home.This has been my routine daily/ nightly when not working for about a month a little routine maintenance and she’s been perfect .I’m almost 41yrs old have skated street/1/2 pipe ,snow boarded,wakeboarded my whole life I’ve owned three electric boards an evolve bamboo AT,Genesis (almost not worth the mention),and my Psychotiller dropdeck for the purpose of this post there’s no comparison. My friends have sampled the boards as well,and without a doubt it’s unanimous by a long shot the Psychotiller’s crushing the competition with ease.These observations are based on hard facts not merely opinions. Just barely met Dave (Psycotiller) just received invaluable help above and beyond the call of duty when needed since purchasing this beast of a ride you say you thought sucked .I got 0 reasons to kiss his Arse but my thoughts on this build gives me motivation to speak in its (the boards)defense. For if my board could speak this is what it would have said in its defense. Furthermore I’ve been riding the living he’ll out of this thing in rain ,sleet,even a dash of snow(with helmet)DOT3 with absolutly no drop in performance or reliability . My Evolve is pretty nice and all but barley in same league,… well it’s just not even close.The feel is so much more authentic and reminicient of snowboarding in fluffy powder it’s hard to compare. I weigh 170 and ride like I’m still18 I’m aggressive but safe and stay within my ability staying responsible so as to not give the e skateboard a bad look from passerbys.Riding a board of this caliber it requires and commands responsibility and respect deserving of the long time mantra “skate-or-die”. Facts RANGE 4 now 20+minimum no less no matter what kind of path your taking: SPEED 26+MPH with ease TRAVELING UPHILL don’t feel these stats need improvment at all. It’s all that and a bag of cheesenips! WOOT WOOT!!!

6 Likes

:scream::grin: Happy Fucking New Year!!!

5 Likes

Not playin I ride all weather new custom zip tie snow chains on Psycotiller 6inch pneumatics !!!whatwhat

9 Likes

Holy crap! Wow! This thing is being put through its paces. No wheel bite with the trucks mounted drop through?

3 Likes

You’re making me proud @shwill !

How was the ride?

4 Likes

Alright. I’m sold. @shwill: What parts are you using to go along with the hubs? I’m going to do this build now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The brains behind the build all credit goes to psychotiller(Dave) he’s very good at answering questions pertaining to specifics .Hit him up I’m sure he will help.

1 Like

No wheel bite.

2 Likes