Custom Ram Air for cooling

Some laptops have copper tubing that’s glued to the heat sink of the cpu and heat is transferred over to the exhaust fans. You could take those pipes and attach to the FETs.

Thats not bad just like a water cooled pc computer It might work…

Pic for anyone interested

http://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/original/3X/7/e/7edfe1aa4a36c03f050b5af209779da3022fd546.jpg

2 Likes

Lol we use practically the same heatsinks, id through a little 30 or 40mm fan in there, helped a lot for me.

pretty sure they’re exactly the same! 30 pc “raspberry pi” heatsinks on ebay for like $2

idk I order SOOO much shit off eBay its nearly impossible for me to find anything lol.

A lot of those have liquid inside of them to make them heat pipes. They work by heating up the liquid with the cpu/gpu and then the liquid moves to the other end where the fan is to be cooled. The liquid then returns to the cpu/gpu and the process begins again. But because of how they work, they basically can’t be modified in any way.

1 Like

It basically depends of size and application, they can be reused but without bending or modification of the pipes. It would require making your build around this cooling system rather than having your cooling system built around your build.

Only fluid cooled laptops would have that and they require a separate pump to circulate the fluid.

Most laptops have passive cooling copper tubes with an active fan to extract internal heat.

I agree about the pump if we’re talking about water-cooled. Most laptops that have the cooper tubes have a liquid inside of them that passively moves heat to the fan, no pump required. How they do it? I don’t know, magic I guess. I just know they can’t really be messed with and like @wmj259 said, the board needs to be built around the cooling system.

1 Like

How hot are your motors actually getting? Brainstorming a bit, water is pretty much everywhere, you could device a small water drip into the motor. Basically exactly how sweat cools our bodies with evaporation you could cool the motor. It all might fling off at the speeds the motor goes

I’m in AZ too, but I use 6374 sk3 192kv on 12s with vesc and I’m putting heatsinks on each mosfet with a fan on both sides of the vesc. The motor, I am trying to figure out airflow of and see if a fan is redundant or not because of resistance. The 6374 sk3 has a cooling system, but hard to tell if it is cooled using centrifugal force or by sucking up very little resistance and cooling the motor conserving the energy by reducing the heat with little resistance.

You could vary the airflow with one of these

1 Like

flush if too hot - easy

1 Like

The possibilities are endless

6 Likes

take a small hub motor on this and you´ll have a automatic toiletpaper dispenser!

4 Likes

Now that’s an idea…and you can reroll if you take too much

2 Likes

Think bigger – you could motorise the wipe too …

Seriously though I have to agree with others, that motor is too small alone and that’s very much contributing to the problem, either a second motor (meaning a second motor controller and pulleys/mount etc) or a bigger motor like a 6374 will take care of business.

But if you insist on this at least make it look nice :joy:

http://r.ebay.com/9EJial