Less of a “build” and more of a “curated assembly” (I finished it in 20 minutes) yet it skates beautifully. Stable, safe, fast, lightweight and most of all - fun.
It’s not perfect - can still feel the hub, of course - yet I don’t think I can build a more useful all-round esk8 for $550 in retail parts.
Even with the factory Verreal kit cleaned up, this deck feels stable as f at 24 MPH (all it can do).
That’s the cool thing about this deck; 24 on this feels like 14 MPH.
22 MPH on the Mini X feels every bit of 22, and then some.
- Landyachtz Flexy Canyon Arrow, $129 - http://landyachtz.com/us/canyon-arrow-lighthouse-1272
- Verreal F1 kit (without deck), 180mm trucks, 90mm wheels, battery, ESC and remote, $418 - https://verrealboards.com/products/verreal-f1-kit-without-deck-and-grip-tape
The following optional features:
- Avenue Reverse Kingpin (RKP) 180mm front truck, $80 for (2) - https://avenuetrucks.com/products/avenue-suspension-longboard-truck
- TA BROS custom Avenue-compatible hanger for Verreal / WowGo / etc. electric hub motors - https://photos.app.goo.gl/1EVsnFTcMcB4FxEh8
- Ollin Popoca 90mm 78a front wheels - https://www.ollinboardcompany.com/product/ollin-popoca-longboard-wheels-90mm-78a
- Riptide stuff - http://www.riptidesports.com/electric-skateboard/
- Zealous Ceramic bearings for front wheels - https://zealousdownhill.com/product/ceramic-zealous-bearings/