DAVEga: Battery monitor, odometer, speedometer

I would agree if there is any mechanical stress on them its not a good idea. Even just wires that can vibrate off the end. But mine are supported by glue and heat shrink, then the wires exit through the enclosure. File%20Jul%2017%2C%2012%2053%2055%20PM File%20Jul%2017%2C%2012%2053%2036%20PM

4 Likes

Hey, I couldn’t find this earlier in the thread, but what do you do about dual motors connected with ppm? Is there a mode in the firmware where it simply multiplies the received info by 2, like with the Bluetooth monitor apps?

Yes. You set the number of vescs to 2 in the config.

1 Like

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F273352943751

1 Like

Parts have arrived! Did a test print to check for sizing and hole spacing last night for the case. I’m going to ream the holes on the PCB to 3mm like the LCD, then use the nylon standoffs to stack it up.

Thanks @janpom ! image

5 Likes

It’s arrived!! Still waiting on my screens :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

For me the other way round :sweat_smile: Displays already here, the rest no…

I’m working on multiple screens that one will be able to toggle between. I will implement at least 3 different screen layouts to get a better idea about what the good API for screen layout plug-ins would be. Now it’s good time for feature requests:

What would you change about the current screen layout? What other info would you like to have? Which info should be more prominent? What would your ideal screen look like?

4 Likes

The battery percentage value small on top 1/3, speed large on bottom 2/3rds. White text on a black background. SImple and useful.

4 Likes

I would say distance as well, next to battery voltage on the top. But i like simplicity as well. Less distracting to do a quick check while riding.

2 Likes

Like this?

screen-mmaner

5 Likes

Yeah, thats attractive.

That’s too easy. :slight_smile:

Any more challenging requests?

1 Like

This is awesome. I definitely want one! What if instead of being a square, the display was circular? Then it could be much more speedometer looking.

screen-ROFEN13

Not very pretty, but probably has the info you want.

6 Likes

Thats awesome, I really like that. Maybe make the battery go yellow at 50% and the speed go yellow after 25 mph?

4 Likes

I’m thinking (barely) out loud here, but some kind of voltage sag indicator would be useful…

1 Like

Average cell value Voltage would be useful

2 Likes

Anyone cares about additional VESC telemetry data, such as motor temperature, MOSFET temperature, input/output current?

How about estimated range? (Would interpolate traveled distance using remaining battery capacity.)

3 Likes