DH Lift | Dropped deck | Ronin cast trucks | Hub motor | Backpack drive | Backpack Battery

Get a drone that will follow and video your downhill runs and also carry your batteries to the bottom of the hill. Then strap the batteries to your board and the drone to your back for the ride back up to conserve it’s battery, rinse and repeat. Sure, you might need a ridiculously large and expensive drone that could accomplish this, and sure it might be seen by some as a potential flying bomb, but that’s the price of progress, I guess.

i would either make an eboard that is quick enough to be proper fast up AND downhill (that would require a really strong setup though), or Id have a small electric board in my backpack to have an undiluted downhill experience. if its just a lift for you, it could be a tiny single motor board with short gearing for 20kph max and an enduring liion battery (best energy / weight). a board like that weights about 5-6kg with 350ish Wh and small wheels!

my and other builders small jet spud might be the one: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/carbon-jet-spud-freebord-bindings-single-vesc-10s3p-lg-hg2/5805

Thank’s for your feedback and your “reference” built ! Yet, having a board in my backpack is not possible for safety reason.

After reading again on esc vs vesc and discussing with Dexter from http:// about their upcoming hub motor version, the target of 5 km at 8% for my 180 lbs seems ok for him. I will still have to machine a little bit my Ronin cast trucks sothat these hub wheels fit…I’m looking at that for now and will post the part list he suggests in cas you’ve got any feedbacks.

What about this?

Thank’s for this link, it’s a quiet good alternative (the “pusher” one as @SageTX suggested here ). I’ve looked at this review of this device and the truck drive seems quiet heavy when the guy takes it in his hand (1:40). I’ve looked also at this video of the people making this device and they are dh riders, yet they never use it as a “dh lift” for their dh session, which is exactly what I want to do… So I fear climbing hill is not really in the target program of this device (too heavy to dh with it at the rear, too risky to have it in your backpack…). But for a lighter “third power truck” solution, one could try to replace this “not light enough” adaptative truck by a composition of lighter gbomb drop bracket and torsion tail. One still need to tighten the drop bracket to the rear of the deck (at the top), but it should not be a big party. And to go dh, removing the power wheels should be the only action to do : leaving the bracket asis without the wheels should not cause any problem during the dh run as they are light enough and won’t touch the ground.