DHKHobby esc questions

Its a DHKhobby 80a esc single. Its says 3a @5.7v 2-4s Lipo and its for brushless. Just wondering if anyone knows of DHKhobby or heard anything about it. Its a good looking esc but I’ve yet to tinker with it as I don’t have the extra battery to spare if it decides to SOL on me for any reason. Hopefully this thing works and is compatable with the application its going in. Knowing my luck though… Its probably dead lol.

what are you wanting to do with a 4s esc? that’ll barely push you

1 Like

It was given to me. Ive never heard of dhk but I’m assuming they’re China as per the Chinese writing I found on the website. Just curious if I can run a 5s or 6s on it w/out completely catastrophe. Its going to be a learning board for my girl. She’s never really riden and it’ll be just right for her and her 98lbs self :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Unfortunately that won’t work. 5a wont push a newborn and no you will fry the esc at 6s if it’s only rated at 4s. For a beginner i do highly recommend a vesc or focbox as they’re highly configurable. Yes it’ll set you back a few pennies but it’s worth it in the long run. You can also increase or decrease the acceleration and braking on the esc as she gets better at it :grin:

1 Like

Fair enough lol. Time to throw it up on let go and make some money for the build. Appreciate the info.

1 Like