Did I just brick my Focbox? Heeelllppppp!

Yes. Did you get yours going ?

Nope. St-link did not work. It couldnā€™t connect at all on one of them. The other one was still working.

That is not good

@rpasichnyk has anyone spoken to you about this?

that sucks. It should. It better work . Wtf

@rpasichnyk do you think metr can be the culprit here?

It is a Flipsky. Soā€¦ different. Hopefully focboxes are more resilient

Iā€™m 100% percent sure it was. I remember in detail what I did. I wanted to create a mode from my existing settings.

Iā€™m not sure if me having ack 3.102 firmware and using his app , rather than using his firmware to read was the problem.

Will this ST-link be ok?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ST-Link-automatic-downloader-programming-simulator/dp/B0722WMDFQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1538920657&sr=8-1&keywords=st-link+v2

It seems to be the only one I can get this week (albeit at a premium 30 Euros :rage:)

2 Likes

U can probably borrow one from somebody

From what I understand, they are all the same if there are V2.

Ok. I ordered an ST-Link V2 from Amazon.fr

https://www.amazon.fr/ST-Link-Automatique-simulateur-Programmation-TƩlƩchargement/dp/B0722WMDFQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1538927311&sr=1-1&keywords=st-link+v2

Supposedly it will be here on Wednesday so we will know if uploading the bootloader fixes the problem.

1 Like

These f**ckers are getting more and more frustrating. It seems on the Focbox you have to connect directly on the PCB

I mean come on, I flew RC helis and esk8s are starting to get on my nerves more than they did.

Might luck out with a simple pin header.

1 Like

Did you try to just reflash the firmaware on both of them from the vesc tool?

Metr.pro also fucked over @never4getf150forums board

1 Like

USB wonā€™t detect ā€œblueā€ light only Focbox.

1 Like

I dont think u suppose to flash firmware via metrā€¦

Well you can. You can either do it through the app directly or use the phone as a TCP bridge. The firmware update was successful. Something else happened and bricked the vesc. Now if what you are saying if it was a good idea then I guess I agree with you. I will do all my future settings via cable.