Did I mount my trucks backwards? fuck

Hey Guys,

Im fairly new to DIY build. I went through the whole process but I think i may have fucked up mounting my trucks. I took it for a quick test ride and it just didnt feel safe. These are the Torqueboard trucks that are similar to caliber 2.

1 Like

haha yes the rear (motor holding) is inverted front is fine.

nice build btw I like what you did there with the red mesh.

Crap… I knew it. I wonder if that’s why when I rode it I felt it was a death trap. Im not looking forward to untying everything, flipping the truck, resetting the mounts… Ugh. This build has taken soooo long.

1 Like

It’ll be worth it. Prepare yourself for the fact this won’t be the last time you have to take it apart and fix something. Part of it. Both a joy and a source of frustration. Let’s you know you’re living. Lolz

4 Likes

Well if mount the front backwards as well then you can have some fun in bizzaro land left+Right and Right=Left. But yeah just flip it around happens sometimes the back is on in reverse.

2 Likes

Fixed the trucks, remounted, finished up the VESC configs, took er for a ride this morning. This lil fucker is a torquey monster. Kinda scary, need to modify some of the power/break settings.

4 Likes

I am building my board, and have never been on it yet under power. And I ALREADY know that I needed the full riptide bushing overhaul from the getgo. For stability sake. These can be powerful beasts. The bushings that come with, are always a throwaway sacrifice. They have some already tested packages at cut price. For electrics.

These double kingpin trucks need taming. I already know that.

1 Like

go 96a all around and go down from there

1 Like

That seemed too stiff. I went 90-93a. With a urethane formula that works well with extra compression. Making a big change. With adjustment.

1 Like

That is a sexy board. I am building similar. Without the exagerated angles of the baseplate mount surfaces. That throws kinks into the mix.

OMG, the horror

I would strongly recommend something softer unless you weigh 300+ lbs (150kg+)

2 Likes

Clean build, fucking Amazing!

2 Likes