DieBie JTAG 12s BMS | Gauging Interest | NONPROFIT

This is great news! Thanks for all your work fede!

mind blown.

will there beā€¦ likeā€¦a guide of some sort for all the options? or just a command interface via the console? some kind of --help?

1 Like

I am writing a README pdf explaining step by step how NOT TO fry the bms and how to do simple stuff like connecting the LCD.

1 Like

that will be tremendously helpful.

I will collaborate / work in parallel with @fedestanco with the manual, there are so many options. I hope to have the basics covered by the end of the week.

Awesome!

Iā€™ve got my screens, they showed up a couple of days ago. Can we get some more pics or clips of the display when it has a charge?

Also is there a way to get it to show balance info? or are those all options?

Yes! I will look into showing some more interesting stuff on the display instead of the current boring stuff. Most of the annoying and boring stuff has now been addressed (accept for the custom UI). I will start using the github page for requests and bug tracking.

i know firmware updates will be possible of course but will there be a way to alter things like startup bitmaps and things like that? I saw earlier in the thread that was happening. I was just wondering if that was going to be available for anyone to do.

I expected that one :innocent:, I will look into that, I want to prevent using the regular configuration flash for that but I think I have a solution for that, a bit hacky but doable :grin:.

Faaaaark this is so deadly!!!

1 Like

iā€™m perfectly ok with hacky! That display is going directly over my front truck.

Hello all

@fedestanco any news about those DieBies?

What kind of boards will you guys build them in to? I guess most of us will use Lion packs. Iā€™m going to use it for a 10s6p pack, for a mountainboard with dual drive.

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday, will probably start setting it up today.

Mine are wandering around town and have been for the last two days.

Not in boards, in UPS delivery trucks. Theyā€™re rescheduled delivery twice already and when i called, they simoly explained that the item has been scanned on the big truck, but not offloaded yet onto the delivery trucks. They cite holidays.

two days.

iā€™m telling you people thereā€™s not enough selective serotonin re-uptake inhibitors for this shit man. The rage blooms.

1 Like

@longhairedboy I can imagine you are pissed up likeā€¦

Look, I live in Hungary, Europe, not far from Italy, but in the eyes of UPS, it is like I would live on a different Planet :slight_smile:

So donā€™t tell me about the nice UPS group :slight_smile:

1 Like

Canā€™t wait for more testing with this bms. If anyone has an extra one they would like to part with for testing, I want to work on linking this to the vesc via uart so we can forward the data to your phone :slight_smile:

1 Like

or to the photon remote!

Yep. All needs to be done. Donā€™t know why we havenā€™t gotten the community together to build a bms + remote + phone system that plays nice with the vesc. Do you have any spares @longhairedboy? Know you got your hands on a few :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i have four BMSs coming any minute and the photon remotes should be on their way any day now. Iā€™m going to hit him up again about a status update.

yayyyyyyy!!!

14 Likes