DieBieMS v0.8 2nd batch (Total 48pcs, closed)

Do you think it would be a nice gesture to add a donate link for @JTAG?

I’m probably in for more but want to test a unit first.

1 Like

How can it take so many amps (80-100a) without a heatsink ?

Oh I do donate to him directly. Let me see if he has his own link.

1 Like

Yup, just change the config with the vesc-tool terminal.

The heat from the BMS will be mostly from the balancing resisters to reduce the voltage of individual cells during charging. The load current you are mentioning should be at the VESC. At the BMS all the components are able to sustain the current (The boards are 2oz, terminals are pure copper), so I won’t anticipate a lot of heat. I will do a temperature test on my 12s4p built later and post a video. Also remember to use the proper wire thickness to avoid overheating during high loads.

1 Like

Count me in for one! What does shipping to germany cost?

should answer your question… :wink:

@Samau18 I so need this, count me in for 2.

A couple of questions, Why do we need a CC/CV power supply, wouldn’t my battery just work? Also how do I use CANBUS if I have already have 2 VESC’s connected via CANBUS?

The cc/cv power supply is used to charge the battery, limiting the current going into charging the battery.

There are two canbus connectors on the diebiems, you can link all three.

Sam

1 Like

I Hope we can use a normal charger as well ?

What normal charger are you going to use? I bought myself a 54v 6A cc/cv power supply.

I am in for one! Shipping to Sweden

2 Likes

Any updates on the first batch?

Heading up to the factory to check today. Should be assembling them this week.

I am in too. I am in the US. What is the estimated cost?

120usd shipped, details on the main post

@Samau18 group buys must be organized by an L3 forum member. This rule has been in place for over a year to protect forum members. Apologies. Perhaps an L3 member can assist you.

1 Like