Close topic. 1 Hour wasted

60a constant while offroading is not enough for anything i have done. What i mean by high voltage is more wattage passing through the connect. This will obviously inscrease heat. 2v at 60 vs 50v at 60a is a huge difference. They do have a maximum wattage rating, most people go by amperage though, its much easier

wattage dont really matter that much…

also here just do some research

“It is often more efficient to use higher voltage and lower current. Wires often have an ampacity rating, which is how much current they are rated to handle. If you double the voltage and keep current the same, you can use the same wire to drive a load twice as big.”

for example i can pull 120v dc and 60a without any issue

2v @60a vs 50v @60a will almost be the same, for example i can pull 1000v and 60a and a xt60 would be fine.

welp except the fact that a xt60 might not have enough insulation :rofl:

Not at all… ohms law can easily calculate the wattage lost on heat in the connector. 30x the power flowing through the same connector will have a very noticeable heat differencd. Lets assume you lose 1w at 2v… but 30w from a 50v system will be burning hot

theres a reason why the eu can pull double the wattage in a household compared to the us while keeping the wire guage the same

im pretty sure wattage only matters in mechanical appliances

Tbh, i wonder what the resistance of the plastic is and at what voltage they will short

1 Like

400v thats what every wire claims :rofl::sunglasses:

also theirs a reason why power lines use super high voltage and low amps…

Heat is the limit on those connectors. Thats why they use gold plating to reduce resistance. All resistance is turned into heat. The less, the better

thats just marketing hype…

i always refer to it as gold plated crap

They use high voltage to be able to run long lines with minimal loss to heat.

yes also so they can carry more amp capacity

thats why Europeans with their 220/240v mains can put out double the wattage while keeping the amperage the same (with the same 10 gauge wire that the us uses)

Its not though… thats why people buy amass only. It has better surface contact and real gold plating for better conduction. Every ohm of resistance from poorly plated connectors turns into heat loss.

marketing crap…

if it were really had a decent amount gold plated people would be smelting them arleady :rofl:

Its electroplated… its literally pennies worth of gold

1 Like

but anyways double the voltage = more wattage at the same amperage

Exactly. More power is more heat.

USA = 125v 15a = 1875w

Euro = 240v 15a = 3600w

yet both countries use 10awg wire

not much as i said, theirs a reason why high voltage setups are more efficient

Power at the load != power at the connector

Btw 220v houses use 12awg and 110v use 14…