Display Focbox current history

Hi everyone,

I am using an Enertion Focbox VESC on a robocar which is controlled by a computer. The computer sends speed/steering numbers to Focbox VESC, and the VESC drives the car. I recently found that if computer asked the car to slowdown aggressively, for example, from 15mph to 5mph in about 1/10th of a second, the car would actually stop( pause) and then resume the drive. As you can see from this video https://twitter.com/i/status/1396211414721712128 My car is the big one and it was racing with a smaller blue car autonomously. When the race started, the two car almost collided so the computer send command the VESC on my car to reduce the speed from 15mph to 5mph. However, my car actually stop for a bit. This is not what I want. I just want the car to reduce the speed, not stop. I believe it was because some setting in the VESC caused the stop. Maybe the break current was too high at the moment so the VESC shutdown the car? Could anyone tell me how to figure out the root cause? Is there a way to plot the current history? I am using BLDC tool software to configure the VESC.

Thank you very much.

The image has been taken down