DIY|Flexible Carbon Fiber Deck|Enclosures|Build

hmmm I just want the board like the trampa which has 35 degrees…

1 Like

Hey @whitepony , did you do anything more with this?

yea, pressed the base deck for my long distance europe tourer! riding it manually since a few months, seems to work great, so in spring it will probably become my new 100km range 2WD tourer!

phone mixed up order, cba to copy paste sort the pictures … :wink:

18 Likes

Dude, that looks really great! I was under the impression that you were going to infuse cf cloth, which I am currently practicing. I’m starting by making battery supports, and when I think I’ve got the method down, I’m gonna attempt some decks

1 Like

the cruiser will be all bamboo and glas only, the enclosures will be glass only - reason is reception and maintenance. i want to use the board for a really long tour all around europe in the summer and being able to actually see all wires/connections will help trouble shooting should anything happen!

5 Likes

Damn I’d pay you premium if you were to make a <30” cruiser with a kick tail :slight_smile:… your decks look so premium and smooth…

good work as always! Do you like the purple kegels for this or are these only test wheels for you?

Cool :star_struck: !! And gorgeous as always… :wink: The cruiser killer,… can’t wait to see an other build from you !!!

1 Like

just slapped the purple on cause I had them around, they are good and look really great with the silver red of the ronins. if ill run them with electric motors? not sure yet, chakas wheels willl arrive soon and Im looking forward to try them!

1 Like

I have a 4x8 ft cnc router that I could use to cut one out for you if you’re willing to pay for shipping. If you send me the profile you want to cut, it would be fairly fast to clamp down n cut.

2 Likes

looks so smooth! i am drooling

@MasterCho as I mentioned in my other thread, I am planning to infuse a deck and I am going for the level of flex in your bamboo hybrid. Do you think that this will be enough fabric?

5 layers of biaxial +/- 45 105gsm 3 layers of 2x2 12k 192 gsm spread tow 1/4 oak strips as core, similar to the method in this easycomposits video

With a slight compound curve, would you think that is sufficient for structural integrity? Maybe need more fabric?

1 Like

That’s about total 700 gsm plus 1/4 oak strips as a core. It’ll be around 7-8mm thick, it might be ok depending on the concave it has but I would suggest adding few more layers to be sure.

1 Like

@MasterCho Quick question, would using a few layers of CARBON FIBER FABRIC BIAXIAL +45/-45 DEGREE 24K 810GSM/23.89OZ 50" work other than CARBON FIBER FABRIC QUADAXIAL 90/+45/-45/0 DEGREE 12K 815GSM/24.04OZ 50". I wanted to ask because im planing on building a board but the Quadaxial has been out of stock for a while and I’m becoming impatient.

it gets too expensive with all CF, you can use Fiberglass DBM 1808 Knytex Biaxial +/- 90 Degree Fabric instead.

2 Likes

What method are you using? What epoxy?

I’m going to use lamination for ease, and I was thinking about using a CF Polyester Resin, but I might change because I don’t think I’ll be using CF anymore. I’ll put a like to what I was going to use though.

I used 2xLantor Soric(4mm) and 6 layers of Fiberglass DBM 1808 Knytex Biaxial +/- 90 Degree Fabric.

I get the perfect result as the strength and flex wise.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t cut it by hand.

I’ve never heard of Lantor Soric before. Looks like it would be an interesting material to work with.