DIY Gear on Orangatang wheels

After a lot of research I couldn’t really find any usable info on how to mount a stock gear to the Orangatang kegel wheels. So there for I want to share my way of mounting them to the wheels, I am sure there are easier ways to do it but I am alway a big fan of durability.

Check it out :slight_smile:

I started with making a adapter tool for the wheels that would make sure to get them balanced when machining them.

Then I made a straight chamber that would align my Gear/pulley perfectly.

After that I started with the Pulley itself.

Then I made the hub that will come with a press fit of -0.04mm into the gear.

https://youtu.be/1zDjQAW1NMs

I used M6 bolts in combination with a aluminium ring that I had laser cutted at a local company for around 2 euro each.

2 Likes

Is there supposed to be a picture after:[quote=“MrEpiquad, post:1, topic:5587”] After that I started with the Pulley itself. [/quote]

?

Looks really good. Nice craftsmanship

Yea I accidently hit upload instead of save…

I recently made a custom pulley for these wheels to! i used a cnc to cut the main body of the pulley and wire cut the teeth profile. Here’s what mine turned out like. nice work by the way!

Uploading…

3 Likes

Nice, that looks very clean !

Wire cutting EDM? I love this technology but try to avoid it. When doing pulleys you can use a 4,2 mm drill to make the lower part of the teeth. If you have a cnc you can finish the part in one set up. The fit of pulley/belt drilled with 4,2 mm

2 Likes

What’s wrong with wire cutting? apart from being a very slow process and a kind of a pain to set up the profile is a perfect fit.

No nothing wrong! It just takes longer and the result is perfect. For me it’s just easier to stay on one machine and finish the pulley there.