Diyeboard.com : China Factory Direct Retail - Electric Skateboard DIY Kits and Parts

do you rly think that this will happen? they have a business plan and 30q will probably not be part of it

1 Like

he stated many months ago they were ?

Sadly I already contacted them two weeks ago and they confirmed that their esc is not compatible with belt driven system. Thats why I am waiting on Jason

I ordered a pair of 245-5m (only 9mm, not 12mm width) from UK, with 2 days delivery (thumbs up to www.bearingsrus.co.uk) just to try it out.

Unfortunately they are too tight a fit (I just managed to install them), so thats a no-go with 245mm belts.

This leaves me three options:

1. Belt tensioner
  2. Drilling out the screw-holes for the motor mount, so I can move the motors a bit backwards
  3. Using a spare set of Calibre II trucks, and some bolt-on mounts (suggestions ?)

I haven’t decided yet

#2 is a “no turning back” solution. If it fails, i’m forced into #3

Get 255 belts?

original problem was that 250 belts becomes too loose (slipping at hard acceleration/braking) after ~30 km usage - so going for 255 belts will only make belt-slipping worse.

ok, i understand

How did u make it?

I used 1/10 rc car wheel bearings and found a screw to fit and drilled and taped the trucks and locktite the screw in the trucks…

Wat bearings did u replace them with?

Is there somewhere on your site I can buy this? Looking everywhere for the newer “boosted style” Esc used in the ownboard/wowgo etc but for a dual belt drive.

Anyone know if there is another way to use the new remote (with the dial type speed control) with belt drives?

1 Like

Where you got the deck?

I ended up making belt-tensioner for my diyeboard with loose and sliding belts.

Drilled and cut a Ø5 mm thread in the mototmount, and applied two 605zz (Ø14 mm) bearings on a M5 bolt. Used Loctite to secure the bolt.

There is still some slack, but I also purchased some 625zz (Ø16 mm) bearings, so I can increase the tension by changing to these if needed.

It got dark outside before I finished the project, so I haven’t tested it on the road yet.

10 Likes

How do I make that change from 7s to 10s or 12. Where do I solder?

can v1.1 single hub be modified for 10s aswell?

Hi @diyeboard , I have just received your 10s5p dual belt kit. I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the throttle mapping curve of the remote ?

I.E. : When I push the throttle forward, nothing happen for the first 5-7mm and then suddenly the board start with a big acceleration (even if I kick push my board). Same with braking.

1 Like

nope, you’re stuck with the way it is.

1 Like

Just ordered 3 of the Hub kits … “10S5P 360WH Battery&ESC&Power Truck Kit Dual 90*52mm Hub Motors”.

A little trouble with the website but Jason is super responsive and we got through it.

We have a nice bike path down to the harbor and beach here in Oceanside. I bought my wife an e-bike as well, so looking forward to spending more time down at the beach this year. This will be a father/son “build”, and I got one for the neighbor as well.

I got the idea from a Razor X we got for my son for Christmas. I took it a few times and liked it. The speed and the range aren’t there for this kind of journey, but I did take it completely apart and took extensive pictures to see if I could mod. I posted pictures in another topic.

Hi guys, I have seen Kieran from Meepo posted on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMQJJG5qxRM) and his website (https://meepoboard.com/pages/truck-recall-for-march-2018) about the issue had in several boards between March and middle April. Specifically the rear truck being weaker than usual. Since I bought from @diyeboard a really “similar” hub motors kit in that period (http://www.diyeboard.com/dual-hub-motor-9052mm-1000w75kv-power-truck-front-truck-kit-p-558.html?zenid=r8bmo6llnr28mo3dguc9vsk826) I would like to know if someone had the same problem with the diyeboard kit. I didn’t encounter in the problem so far, but I thought would it be better to know in advance if it is a possibility. Of course Jason can also comment on that and explain the facts nad how his company would take care of it in case the problem shows up. I don’t want to create any worry or damage anyone, but if it happens during riding it’s quite dangerous, so better to sort it out before hands. Thank you for the collaboration.

2 Likes

I bought my 90mm hub kit from DIYEboard 6 months ago and the rear trucks came with these reinforcement tabs at the position where the hanger breaks have been reported. I wonder why they moved away from this design. Seems it would be more robust.

1 Like