Do motor wires matter which ones they connect to VESC?

set the erpm limits here

Thanks, last question for now :slight_smile: I really do appreciate all your help here Jinra!

When my motor gets up to the ERPM setting it shuts down and turns off. I then need to put trigger back to start position and pull it again and has full control perfeclty… but one mat ERP is it the shuts down again?? any ideas?

Is it hitting the “end” limit? Try making your start limit your goal, and have end eRPM be higher.

Jinra, Your help today has been incredible and I thank you BIG TIME!

The VESC or Trigger remote are super finicky, I change one thing a little and it does not work, If I was an electronics guy im sure the little changes im doing are likey BIG in the world of electronics… LOL

Anyways, I seemed to have found a sweet spot there things work, and I have to adjust APP CONFIGURATIONS to make the trigger pickup and max out at certain levels before hitting a target ERPM and then machine shuts off. but I got it.

Only issue now maybe you could shed more light on, is if I touch the trigger a hair, the motor kicks, and stops before ever moving, then it seems it waits a second or two before I can get it to go again with a fresh new trigger pull. can I eliminate this twitch and pause in the motor?

Keep in mind, this is NOT for a skateboard, rather a type of boat.

@thetechtrader what sort of boat? any chance of photos? I am curious now :slight_smile:

It is not actually boat, it’s a high-performance propulsion system I’m building for my new toy (efoil, jetfoiler, pacificmeister) DIY Electric Hydrofoil board which also has a quick connect/disconnect for easy attachment of motor and battery systems, so I can have an electric surfboard, and electric hydrofoil SUP for riding different water conditions.

I’m about to start sharing videos of my build every few days as I progress, I almost have everything I need now to hit the water full speed!

1 Like

very cool project!

Question Regarding low rpm raw torque per rotation.

Two setups, which one would have more turning power at low rpm given same volts?

1: 500kv, 7Y (56104 can) 2. 290kv, 10Y (58122 can)

Anyone have a good article talking about the “Y” in brushless motors?