Does anyone use these type of quick connects for their enclosure?

Does anyone use these type of quick connects for their enclosure?

If so do you know a good place to buy some?

1 Like

Can those things stand up to vibrations?

Those are the ones used on bike’s seat post and wheels. Not sure if they make versions small enough for enclosure useage. But I think the screw/bolt needs to be swapped since the heads are huge

Vibration wouldn’t be an issue as long as picture is used. There should be a rubber piece that keeps the latch tight

Maybe check out what is used to pin race car hoods down. I’ve seen a push release style before.:thinking:

Edit: not sure what type of sizes are available, just used googs and quick search and grab the first thing that resemble what I was talking about… https://goo.gl/images/EY9DF5

Clevis pins would work if you want quick release. Just make sure you use rubber washers and seals to cancel vibration noise

Quick releases generally are used to clamp metals, like a bike seat tube or wheel, right l? I’d think the force of the compression they create would damage a wooden deck and/or the enclosure.

They use them on bikes, drones, and gopros.

it would sandwich on a washer very nicely. Also the one in the picture is tiny, pulled off my drone.