This is the shopping List for my planned e-longboard build. I don’t have a Board yet but i probably going to buy a used one. I have added the cost at the end of the items they are in Swiss francs and are about the same as USD.
I have ordered this VESC, it seems to be as reliable as the maytech one and it is the cheapest i found
- FLIPSKY FSVESC V4 50A SK8-ESC w/ 5V/1.5A BEC for Electric Skateboard RC Car Z2J1 69.- (ebay)
First wanted to buy this one but missed the 4. July sale
- FLIPSKY FSESC 6.6 based upon VESC® 6 + Aluminum Case 145.- (flipsky.net)
Least expensive 63mm motor, not sure about the quality. It should be possible to run it at 12s.
- KEDA 63-64 190KV Brushless Outrunner 10S 2000W 52.- (hobbyking)
Same price as the one from ebay but the phase wires seem to be much thicker. The D-Shaft is not ideal because i dont know if the pulley will fit.
- 190KV SL D-shft: 190KV, sensorless, D-shape shaft 55.- (aliexpress)
Good price and kV but the phase wires are too small, i would have to replace them sooner or later. This Motor also has a D-Shaft, so im not sure if the pulley will fit.
- High-Efficience-Brushless-Motor-170KV-C6374-Electric-Skateboard-Longboard 54.- (ebay)
Cheap but not enough power, maybe good for a dual motor setup?
- New Arrival Brushless Outrunner Motor N5065 270KV 1665W For DIY Electric Skate Board 1820W 320KV 30.- (ebay)
Seems to be a good motor, but because its over 65.- i would have to pay high customs tax.
- turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6374-192kv-brushless-outrunner-motor 80.- (hobbyking)
Not decided yet, i will probably go for a used Board from ebay, they are cheap here 30.-
UPDATE: I got a Globe Spearpoint Bamboo, bought it second hand for 22.- (pictures)
I will not use that remote. There are a few threads on this forum about it and it seems to be very unreliable.
- 2.4GHz 2 Channels Wireless Fernbedienung Empfänger Für Elektrisches Skateboard 34.- (already ordered from ebay)
I did not hear anything bad about this remote, its not as small as the nano but should be more reliable. Its also very cheap.
- Radio 2.4GHz Remote Controller + Receiver Binding Plug For Electric Skateboard 16.- (ebay)
This one is even bigger but its the most reliable.
HK-GT2B 3CH 2.4GHz Transmitter and Receiver w/Rechargable Li-ion Battery 28.- (hobbyking)
DIY Remote with Telemetry (link)
For 8mm or 10mm shaft motors, should not go smaller than 14t.
5M 12T-60T Timing Pulley Without Step Synchronous Wheel For 15/20mm Width Belt 4.- (ebay)
5M 14T Timing Belt Pulley Gear Wheel Sprocket 5-10mm Bore For 15/20mm Width Belt 4.- (ebay)
Cheap 5m15t 8mm bore 16mm pulley 3.- (ebay)
I need a big wheel pulley for my setup, most kits come with 36 or 40t only so i will have to print one or modify
MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels 36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm, 12mm, 15mm Belt from JuniorPotato93 (link)
ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 48T or 50T from JuniorPotato93 (link)
Does not fit on clone wheels
Maybe make a DIY metal pulley
- HTD 5M-48T-16mm Pitch 5mm Timing Belt Drive Pulley 48 Teeth CNC 5mm—20mm Bore (ebay)
I have to calculate the length, but its going to be 15mm wide 5M belt.
- HTD 5M 15mm 8.- (RS Components)
MBS All-Terrain 100mm Wheels 70.- (amazon)
1Set(4pcs) 97X 52mm SHR80A Cruiser Wheels Fits Longboard Long Skateboard Drop Cruiser 44.- (aliexpress)
6 inch 6X2 Wheels set Tire with Inner Tube Fit for Electric Scooter 80.- (aliexpress)
Bone Reds 17.- (blue tomato)
DIY 10 - 12s 3-4p LiIon 18650 Spot Welded Battery
~240USD without Battery
It would be great if you could tell me what you think.