Doubling Ownboard 10s2p 30Q battery

Hello,

I’ve been riding my custom build for a couple weeks now but I’m realizing I’m not getting the range I want out of the Ownboard 10s2p 30Q battery. I get about 7-9 miles if I’m riding hard. I was thinking about buying another one to wire in parallel, which give me more range and more performance since I can double the battery amps. Anyone know what the wiring might look like and if there are any enclosures that would fit it? Thanks in advance.

Just built a 10s4p specifically for an ownboard

received_2118425125086502

U will need to get a new enclosure because the most I was able to fit in the stock enclosure was 10s3p and that was me playing Tetris lol…

alternatively u can 3d print a spacer for the stock enclosure and possibly fit it

1 Like

image Someone on Reddit actually just attached two enclosure on one longboard

2 Likes

Goodbye flex and comfort

1 Like

If someone had a good design for a enclosure that could fit two 10s2p batteries, that would be cool. I’m trying to stick with an Ownboard battery since it’s pretty cheap and it comes with the charging port and voltage meter wire, so no compatibility issues.

1 Like

I actually did this in my build: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/death-trap-build-blank-customskateboards-com-deck-dual-10s2p-30q-batteries-two-flipsky-fsesc-4-12-dual-6374-dickyho-mounts/69398

Because both have a BMS, I just used a parallel connector. They both charge through one port extremely slowly, or I can use two chargers to increase the time.

I’m in the same boat as you regarding enclosure though. I’m trying to find/design a 3d printed enclosure that both fits the curve of my board and holds the batteries and vesc. My new deck is fairly stiff, so that helps.

1 Like

If you gonna buy a second battery pack from ownboard I should just put the packs in parallel as well as the charging ports. If you want to get the same charging time as you got now, buy the same charger from ownboard and put them also in parallel with your current charger from ownboard to have a faster charger (4A).

I got a 10S4P so actually the same as 2 of these packs and charge them with the ownboard 2A charger (takes around 4h to fully charge)

1 Like

Thanks for the help guys. So if I understand correctly, I can put the battery, charging, and voltmeter cables all in parallel? And would it be safe to splice another 2A charger to my current one together in parallel? As for the enclosure, I did find this but I’m not sure how well it will fit the curvature of my Ownboard deck and how strong it will be, the attachment points could use a lot more reinforcement.

1 Like

I use it for two sanyo battery. It works fine.

1 Like

What deck do you have? Could you post some photos?

1 Like

Loaded icarus. I do have issue with clearence with the caguama wheels and the flex of this board. But no problem with AT wheels. image image image

1 Like

Just make sure that when connecting the packs together they are both at the same voltage

2 Likes