Dual 6374 190KV 12s6p Longboard Build

Hey guys! First of all huge thanks to everyone who answered my questions and ensured the success of this build!

Just a couple things I’ve learned over the build:

1. Always wear gloves. I have some pretty nasty burns from accidentally shorting wires and from my soldering iron.
  2. If you use Torqueboards mounts make sure you follow the directions when clamping them on! I lost several set screws and tried to use locktite to no avail, just google how to install them and watch the video because if you tighten the screw opposite the rounded edge first you don’t even need locktite. Then just tighten either of the screws 90 degrees from the last one you just tightened all the way, then tighten the screw opposite the second screw. The important bit is that you tighten 2 screws at 90 degrees from each other first and make sure the first screw is the one opposite the rounded side of the truck.

There are definitely some pros and cons to this DIY. Pros: - my projected range going 20MPH - 30MPH is over 60 Miles. - I can go much faster than the boosted board if I so choose.(It is nice to be able to beat cars down low speed limit roads like the road I live on which has a limit of 30MPH) - I can destroy any hill out there. Cons: - Its really heavy! - For some reason the breaking can be a bit harsh(I will be tweaking this with the BLDC tool). - It’s definitely not as flexy as a Loaded deck, mine is made of fiberglass and maple. It’s the DB Longboard’s Crossbow I believe. personally I find it the perfect board for this type of build and it is by no means stiff.

I don’t really know what else to put on here really. Let me know if you have any questions I will do my best to answer them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Show us some pics of the board! :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a good point I completely forgot glamour shots! I’m going out for a ride I’ll take some good pics and add them to the imgur album just give me a few minutes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your imgur album was a journey :smiley:

Alright I added some pictures, sorry for the wait!