Dual 6374 190KV rear Motors like a boss

hi guys lets save the chit chat and have some photos first

how did i end up having dual 6374 motors on one truck? because i used the double kingpin truck from evolve there are obviously pros and cons for this build i was afraid that it wouldnt work so i tried searching to see if anyone did this setup, and only saw this other guy did it with a mountain board but i wanted a bamboo deck for small flexs that are more comfy for ride as you can see from the photos, my cutting skills aint any good, so it looks like crap so far, might give it some black painting on after but the cool part is that there are still quite a bit of space in between the two 6374 motors… might try to squeeze in the 107mm wheels since i got plenty of power from dual 6374 motors since the enertion pulley barring actually pushes the wheels out a bit, i had to cut in a bit of the axle to make it fit the 97mm flywheels using the enertion pulley system the two motors arent exactly balanced… would this affect the result when riding? should i go back and grind more to make them more parallel? now to the cons of the enertion truck, dual kingpin means there are two kingpins resulting an easier turn, and its wide so it kind of have a stabilizing effect, but that second kingpin blocks me from making the motors facing inside it would be stuck in between the two motors, so if anyone want to try this setup, the two huge motors would have to be set in the back outwards setting up the vesc x and nano remote tmr with help of Luke through teamviewer (thanks man) and guys since this is my first build, yes FIRST build, so i would love to get feed backs and suggestions to make it a better board~

my biggest problem right now is using the space cell pro 4 on a bamboo deck, although the flex is the least flex of the bhangra longboard, its still pretty flexy, idk if i would dmg the battery TWT

3 Likes

Damn yo, be super careful with those trucks. That shit looks dangerous.

really? how so?

The material supporting each axel is there for a reason. Typically companies build for tolerance and might slightly overbuild but slightly. To me it looks like you took out quite a bit of material.

oh crap//// cuz it didnt fit the clamps earlier so i had to shave them down but its still thick? i still cant fully clamp onto them, well, i guess ill have to start off slow XD

You can take off the truck arm and turn it into a normal Kingpin truck if you want to! Personally, I enjoy the double kingpin trucks but if you prefer having only one, its possible and you still have the width you need.

10mm axles ?

1 Like

The Evolve double king pin trucks are too carvy, I’m not sure if this is a good idea for 6374 motors, additionally if you’ve taken such big amount of material, used no proper tools and the think wobbles it makes me feel even more uneasy.

1 Like

Wider truck will increase the turning radius? And the double kingpin reduce the turning radius because of easy for carving?

Would this truck easy to get speed wooble?

U going to use 6374 motor? Because in photo i saw that motor is 6355 from enertion?

I have same idea with you before you post this out.

Tbh I don’t think it will affect that much as evolve axle itself is rather thin even without filing. Of course it depends on real usage. Black paint might actually make the system more unstable imo Btw I guess u r the guy from tw forum? I might just bring up the same question I asked earlier: will the kicktail hit the two motor? I’m planning on doing something similar so I would like look for some opinion too

Seems like 6374 in the picture to me

Well speed wobble is a delicate subject, since everyone comming from freeriding/downhill will tell you something different than esk8 poeple :). If you were to get speed wobbels it is mayby if even 40% your set up and 60% YOU that is causing it. There was once a very nice write up from a downhill professional wayy back, if you are intrested i could find it for you. Basically on the back go with barrel bushing, excellent stability and in front go with what you like. I personally use “venom 81a” on top, they are not high rebound just basic regular formula and on the bottom I use 88a randall stock bushings. My favourite set up for freeriding and esk8. Pretty stable and still easy to turn with. Also the back trucks can be very tight and adjust the front trucks to your liking. Now if you ride and you get speed wobbles try to move your front foot right on top of the trucks and put about 80% of your weight on it. your backfoot should bee on your toes, so you can deliver you weight forward. I you still get speed wobbels go to a local longboard shop, asks If they ride downhill/freeride, If they say yes, ask him to make your wobbels go away. He will quickly loock at your bushings and truck set up and then ask you HOW you ride. An experienced rider won’t get speed wobbles with the shittiest set up :slight_smile: . Different trucks, harder set up only prolongs the speed you will get the wobbels. Anyway I rambeld on for to long .

TLDR:

1. Bushings venom 81a" on top / 88a randall stock bushings bottom
  2. Trucks, back trucks tight, front truck to your liking
  3. 60% of the problem is YOU, position yourself properly 3.1 Feet = DONT do a 90degre angle ever. Put your feet as straight as possible. (turning takes practise that way since you need to use your weight distribution properly rather than you flexing your feet. 3.2 80% of your weight needs to be on the front foot when you want to go faster.

10 Likes

thank for your advice, i also notice that skater will lean forward, i had try it, quite effective, board will more stable. i not an experience skater, facing the wobble i have to train more on the post on the board.

and i may try other rate of bushing and tight up abit on the rear truck. but for cruising i like loose truck carving on the pathway with low speed.

any where, i gain something from you~~ thanks.

your welcome, happy I could be of any help.

Jsut for inspiration, one of the most skilled riders out there. Just watch his feet :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wait, what do you mean by “don’t do a 90 degree angle”? I have my toes pointing 90 degrees to the direction I am moving, are you saying my feet should be pointing towards the front of the board - like when I’m walking?

@VikasG well yes. If you just chill and coast on 10-15 mph do what ever you want. Aftert that it is not only a qeustion of how to ride properly but has a lot to do with safety. I am writing a “guide of sorts” atm with video as well. Will try to clear alot of stuff up.

To your qeustion again. The propblem with the foot placement you are having is that your back leg has a work overload. Most of your weight will be on your back foot. SInce it is angeld the way you do it, it is also responsable for turning as well as balance. Would something happen that you would loose controll of your backfoot, even just for a second you loose controle of truning, balance and 80% of your weight. Try to picture this: Your stance is according to the path ahead. (consistent of 5 postitions) So you prepare yourself according to the next few meters ahead properly. So for straight, left turn smooth, left trun hard, right turn smooth right turn hard. So you change your foot placcement, you shift your weight and move your arm and hips accordingly. What this does is allow you to set yourself up in a way that you are best prepared to take the next difficulty but most importantly puts you in the best position to react properly to most things that could happen (a hit, rough pavement, wet spot, car coming, unexpected slide, loss of traction etc.) Meaning its not only the way which allows you to go faster but also a lot safer. I myself had a severe accident and also saw so many happen dutue my hobby/sport. So as we tend to go faster and faster, we really need to educate riders what that brings with them.

My favourite explenation of a pro rider I was fortunate to ride with once:" You cannot change the street before you to your liking, you have to change yourself to adapt to it".

3 Likes

hey guys! i only tried it indoor to test out if the motors are okay im a tesseract freestyle boarder who is looking for a way to cruise over 15km with buddies at bike lanes, thats one of my reasons for making this board, i wanna have fun with friends while being able to do some dancing on the board then again, you would ask, why two 6374 if just to cruise cuz there are hills around my university, and cuz i weight 105kg, and love to have a drone on my back and so travelling around with camera gears i weight like 110+ and since its my first build, i saw some friends who spent the basics, and wanna upgrade batteries, or motors, and so i decided why not just save up two more months and just get the top notch one lol… i will be going on a ride this sunday to test out this bad boy will share the details with u guys about the experience

and the dual kingpin, yeah they are pretty sensitive, so i tightened all four pins and to balance that, i also got bigger wheels (adds a bit of grip), bigger trucks (more stable), and a really long longboard (extra stable) but again its all theory right now, we will see how the final experience would be like

Well, bad news It seems like one of the motors I recieved from enertion has problem… I never ran motors before so I thought it was normal, until I tried to program them through BLDC… One motor ran smoothly while the other one seem to stuck on something… Makes this huge noise, my friend told me this isnt normal…

Looks something like this

Ok, I think its the vesc x problem, because I tried cross switching the motors to the other vesc x and turns out the same vesc x output motors have that problem… I tried to make both vesc x same writing, didnt fix it, tried to rewrite to its original setting, still broken motor control…